Teachers canes students...

Old Hippie

Drop trou? Sounds, and I seriously mean this, no joke, a bit sexual in nature...

What makes no sense to me is, you cannot hit your wife or another adult who pisses you off, but you can beat your defenseless child? Others can beat your child? How fucked up is that? All beating kids does is teach them it is ok to use force on people who make you angry.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got in trouble once because the VP saw a couple of us pitching pennies against a wall at lunch time. He hauled us in to the office, wrote us up, then demanded we give him all of our money. I gave him the loose change in my pocket. He said, "Is that all of it?" Hell no, but I told him it was. I asked him what he'd do with our money. He replied it was none of our business. Douchebag excuse for a bent prick. A year or so later, he was gone. The next VP was a cool guy, an ex-coach I think.

Times have changed. I remember spending most of the first grade standing in a corner. I'd gone to a church kindergarten (didn't have public kindergartens only a few years later) and had learned the alphabet and simple spelling. In the 1st grade I'd zip through my spelling assignments and out of boredom draw pictures on the paper. Got me stuck in the corner every time for at least an hour. The witch of a teacher stuck the dumbies on a stool with a dunce cap on their head. Try that now in a school and see how long you keep your job.

Also, I told some of my students at the NCO Academy what Army BCT used to be like. They all said that kind of crap would get a drill sergeant court-martialled nowadays. A drill sergeant can't call a trainee anything except private or their last name. No more douchebag, shitbird, scumbag, commodehead etc. And strictly hands off too!

The west is getting soft. :D

Drop trou? Sounds, and I seriously mean this, no joke, a bit sexual in nature...

What makes no sense to me is, you cannot hit your wife or another adult who pisses you off, but you can beat your defenseless child? Others can beat your child? How fucked up is that? All beating kids does is teach them it is ok to use force on people who make you angry.

I agree 100%. The practice is even worthy of a ruling.

Looks like caning was also going on across the pond, according to this 1976 Kinks album cover (you don't have to listen, although the lyrics are good). Their albums in those days always had a theme, like a rock opera.

YN7b4h21nxc

When finding this on youtube, I noticed the back cover liner notes, which somewhat support your views!

[color:blue]Once upon a time there was a naughty little schoolboy. He and his gang were always playing tricks on the teachers and bullying other children in the school. One day he got himself into very serious trouble with a naughty schoolgirl and he was sent to the Headmaster who decided to disgrace the naughty boy and his gang in front of the whole school.

After this punishment the boy turned into a hard and bitter character. Perhaps it was not the punishment that changed him but the fact that he realised people in authority would always be there to kick him down and the Establishment would always put him in his place. He knew that he could not change the past but he vowed that in the future he would always get what he wanted. The naughty little boy grew up... into Mr. Flash.

Mr. Flash was the name of the villain from The Kinks' rock opera, Preservation: Acts 1 & 2. (previous albums)[/color]

In school took a course that examined some of the more notorious and decadent influences of the Western Canon. One of the texts was a biography of Sade by Maurice Lever. Link

Good read, interesting. In his own letters, Sade attributes some of his sexual proclivities (bisexual sadism) as starting with the beatings he took from monks in an all male school setting. Eventually it had a sexual aspect for him.

By the time I was in high school my school system had done away with any corporal punishment, but - all the way up through eighth grade I took several 'swats' with a thick wooden paddle (my signature is floating around on several of those objects if they still exist), keep in mind this was in rural Indiana, not California. I remember being in such pain I couldn't sit down for hours, some of the hits were severe. Never got a boner and have no desire to relive it, but - if Sade is being honest, you have a legit point.j

I also agree with whomever pointed out that verbal abuse and humiliation can be worse than physical.

At the same time, coddling kids isn't doing them any favors either.

One day people will figure it out I suppose.

We used to talk about that even in my Peace Corps days. Thai girls are protected all of their childhood. In the university dorms, the gals still had a 10pm curfew. Come back later than that, and they had explaining to do. The gals were safeguarded from cradle to graduation. Then they were thrown to the wolves - literally.

Those cute young gals would fall for any line and were being used by Thai guys right and left. One of my wife's friends agreed to marry her suitor. He insisted they spend a weekend together at a hotel to "prove her love". She did. The guy vanished and she never saw him again. Another gal was going to marry her fella and got the same line. Only this one then discovered the guy was already married to someone else.

I asked the male students about this. Every single one said it was permissible. "If she was really a good girl, she would have insisted on getting married first." Lying and deceiving was perfectly acceptable to the guys - and the gals never had a clue that it was so. One guy even told me he never let them know his real name. Then if they got pregnant, they couldn't come after him.

Archived