Why the USA is in Trouble

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...moose girl will be president in 2012? Sad thought isn't it...?

It's up to the Dems to come up with a candidate who can provide hope and change....wait...they already tried that. Maybe they need to promise despair and destruction....the fundies love that stuff.

The predicament the Republicans find themselves in is that they whored out to the Evangelicals to get Bush elected and now that element is a dominant force in their ranks.

It's come back to bite them several times. If they lighten up on the culture war bullshit and focus on the economy they've got a damn good shot. Otherwise, people like me will steer clear..

Palin will remain an influential figure in politics but will not be president inn 2012. I'll give you or OH 4 to 1 odds, 100USD. Not kidding.

Is it a bet?

I think most Americans are actually moderates. But who will they vote for? Will they even vote? I can see a backlash against Palin. She's just too flakey. Romney is a Mormon. Petraeus will still be busy in Afghanistan. I see the GOP running someone like Huckabee. The Dems have a problem too. Obama is a one timer. Could be Hillary's turn. Especially if she gets the Palestinians to surrender.

Palin will remain an influential figure in politics but will not be president inn 2012. I'll give you or OH 4 to 1 odds, 100USD. Not kidding.

Is it a bet?

:hmmm: ...OH: this is a sucker bet. Vegas will give you 10-1 vs. dave32’s 4-1.

http://www.allpro.com/exotics-betting/to-be-elected?/exotics/lines-odds/1043/Odds-on-2012-US-Election-Mens-Group.htm

Shame on you dave32, trying to butt-fuck OH.

HH

The predicament the Republicans find themselves in is that they whored out to the Evangelicals to get Bush elected and now that element is a dominant force in their ranks.

You must be a young 'un. They did that with Reagan in 1980. The GOP has been a laughing-stock ever since.

Cheers,

LK -- an Ike Republican, but considered a commie now...

I think most Americans are actually moderates. But who will they vote for? Will they even vote? I can see a backlash against Palin. She's just too flakey. Romney is a Mormon. Petraeus will still be busy in Afghanistan. I see the GOP running someone like Huckabee. The Dems have a problem too. Obama is a one timer. Could be Hillary's turn. Especially if she gets the Palestinians to surrender.

Agreed on Romney, tho' it shouldn't make a diff (happy for that tho' as his policies are crap). Huckabee is too God squad to get elected, tho' he does have a good "face." Caribou Barbie is just a joke - I really hope they do nominate her.

2012'll be the end of the GOP for decades, if not forever.

Obama is a two-termer easily. The GOP has absolutely no one to put up, since they are married to the white, evangelical, over-60 crowd. That's not a demographic that wins today...

Archived