Camille Paglia on Gaga!

Flashermac

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, she's definitely hot...

No sir. You and LK need to lay off the sauce. She looks like a wonder-bread Katoey. When I want to rid myself of lustful thoughts and focus on virtuous things -- I just google gaga.

(And btw, there is some speculation on that thing in her drawers...)

lady-gaga-g.jpg

Actually, that was the exact point of the piece. Her music is wholly derivative and a smug 'insider' joke. Talking loud ain't saying nothing as the buddha put it. :)

Taking the piss out of pop culture and making bank. Check. Artist who has done something meaningful: Goose Egg.

Reminds me of the band KISS, when I was a teenager. I totally 'got' it (I even liked their music - :shhh: ), but that wasn't enough to get me to pay for one of their albums or concert tickets, on my limited budget. Of course, there were so many legitimately great rock n roll acts to see at the time, who can blame KISS for targeting the early teen male audience.

IMHO Gaga is overweight and ugly. Have not seen a clip of her yet.

For now I feel she is overrated, being called the queen of pop. She has only been around a couple of years. IMHO Madonna with her long career is still the only one eligible for the queen of pop title!

I do have a problem when it comes to music though. I kinda like everything. From Classical through Opera, Blues, Jazz, Pop, House, "World Music" through everything. The only limiting factors for me are place and mood. For example at home I couldn't listen to Mor lam but when I am out to a temple festival or concert I like it.

There is even a time for Lady Gaga's music in my life. But I find her absolutely ugly looks wise.

W

Archived