Camille Paglia on Gaga!

Flashermac

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems you need to put down the crack pipe there Dave32. I never said anything about Gaga looks and I really don't care about it (not hot enough nor ugly enough to rate a comment IMHO). It is immaterial to this thread. So please don't put words into my mouth.

BTW, you should at least be honest and pick middle of the road pix (you're not Fox "News"). Here's one from the other end of the spectrum. I think she looks pretty damn good here:

lady-gaga.jpg

Got a genuine dislike for Gaga. Not sure exactly where it comes from. I think... The Hiltons, the Khardasians, the lady Gagas, the Simon Cowells, I don't like who they are and what they represent - culture via repetitive self-promotional bursts that say: look at me, I'm a celebrity - and nothing else.

And it's done Ad Nauseum. I hate what it says about what our culture has become, and the tools of media saturation they've used to gained prominence and herd the 'fans' like cattle into a dumbed-down infantile mass. As a novelty, fine. As leading cultural icons that pervade the media like a bad rash, not good.

re Kiss, Gene Simmons has become a dumb-ass of late, I suppose the fame got to him, but back in their early days Kiss was innovative and potent.

Gaga is a controlled marketing machine who's moves are calculated to extract the most media attention and money as possible. Sure you see this to some extent with all pop artists, but the difference between her and Madonna is like the difference between the Monkeys and the Beatles.

Even worse.

Got a genuine dislike for Gaga. Not sure exactly where it comes from. I think... The Hiltons, the Khardasians, the lady Gagas, the Simon Cowells, I don't like who they are and what they represent - culture via repetitive self-promotional bursts that say: look at me, I'm a celebrity - and nothing else.

And it's done Ad Nauseum. I hate what it says about what our culture has become, and the tools of media saturation they've used to gained prominence and herd the 'fans' like cattle into a dumbed-down infantile mass. As a novelty, fine. As leading cultural icons that pervade the media like a bad rash, not good.

re Kiss, Gene Simmons has become a dumb-ass of late, I suppose the fame got to him, but back in their early days Kiss was innovative and potent.

Gaga is a controlled marketing machine who's moves are calculated to extract the most media attention and money as possible. Sure you see this to some extent with all pop artists, but the difference between her and Madonna is like the difference between the Monkeys and the Beatles.

Even worse.

And you think this new?

Gaga's pussy has much less hair than Madonna's

Archived