'Obama Has Underestimated the Frustration in the Country'

Flashermac

I know a lot of my posts seem anti Republican. I actually like the party. I've voted for Republican candidates numerous times. My issue with the party is they don't abide by their own ideology. Especially the religious right faction. True republicans wants the government out of our private lives. This current incarnation wants the government firmly in it.

I'm pretty similar to you. Registered Republican since day one, but always voted independently, beginning with my first vote, Jimmy Carter. :doah:

I noticed when I voted for Obama that I was no longer a Republican, but an independent. GWB must have pissed me off (still does) but I honestly don't remember making that change. :drunk:

Anyway, while PUI last night, I went off on a (not very polite) rant about Whitman and Fiorina on the facebook page of a liberal academic.

His reply, "There's a phrase for people like you--"Stay out of my focus group."

This might apply to you as well CS, though your posts are more thoughtful and reserved than mine.

Okay, the subject line of this thread says people are frustrated. Totally understandable as we live in a now society and also expectations were probably too high with the euphora of his election.

Fair or unfair, it is how it is. Many want him out. Okay, understandable to some degree with the amount spent, health care, etc.

Replace with whom? Or more specifically with what plan? I don't know what the Republicans want to do. I assume its the same as always: cut taxes for all income brackets; cut regulations for businesses; cut spending on some things (the Dems regard as important).

Will it work? Will they even do it? They'll spend as well but will be on something else.

Its all BS to me. It really is. When they ssy cut spending it just means we won't increase it as much as the other guy. Has either party ever NOT increased the federal budget? At least in modern times?

...snip...

Replace with whom? Or more specifically with what plan? I don't know what the Republicans want to do...

Will it work? Will they even do it? They'll spend as well but will be on something else.

Its all BS to me. It really is...

It's all reduced to a sound bite. Not just the repukes, as OH calls them, but the dems as well.

Nobody thinks anymore (well, some do, but they are not heard by most people).

BTW - I meant that as a general observation on American life, culture, politics, economics for the near future. Not a response to Expat.

The 80s and 90s sunday drive to Disneyland in a cadillac is done.

Now we're in a clunker and headed for harsh weather and terrain. Will be interesting.

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshedâ€â€but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

- Orson Welles (Harry Lime), 'The Third Man'

Archived