Using Hotel Pool in Pattaya

MooNoi

Hi,

Anyone know if any of the 4 or 5 star hotels in Pattaya will let you use their pool during the day for a fee or if you order food/drinks etc?

Thanks in advance.

I would imagine that if you just went there and confidently acted as if you belonged there no one would question you. Just another farang in the pool.

The pool is there for people paying for a room at the hotel.

But with any large hotel I don't think that any employee knows by sight all guests. And guests can bring friends to hotel and to hotel pool.

So my guess is that any farang could go to any pool of a larger hotel and just hang out or use pool. Who is to know.

All the hotels in Pattay that I have been to - that I went to pool never asked for room number.

I would think that you would have to be kind of discreet upon entering hotel. Like - not walking into lobby from street with flip flops, no top, and a big towel over your shoulder and walking directly to pool.

Also, if you are bringing the whole family with kids and such - that might make people ask questions.

But just a single farang walking to pool area, my guess would be nothing would be said.

My last visit to any hotel pool was at the Nana Hotel - the 'new' pool. No one was there. When I stayed at the Estiny Hotel Soi 8 - just walked to pool and took an empty lounge chair. No one said a word to me. This one I was with a Thai gal - no questions asked. Lounge, swim - as long as one wanted to.

Has anyone been asked for hotel room number when at any pool at any hotel in Pattaya?

Some years back the Hard Rock used to let external guests use the pool for a fee, although quite high. I think it was 500 baht. Several other hotels, such as Lek, do the same for a much lower fee. They of course are of lowere standards though. There is also a public pool on the roof of Mike's shopping mall.

ALHOLK

Do you want to use a pool or just be seen at a 4 or 5 star hotel?

Sawasdee Siam used to let walk-ins use their pool for a small fee.

Located where Soi Honey Inn meets Soi Boukhaw.

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/pattaya/siam_sawasdee/index.html

Intown Holiday Hotel on Soi Honey Inn has a pool on the roof. Rooms in this hotel are around 600-700 right now.

Okeydokey.

Do you want to use a pool or just be seen at a 4 or 5 star hotel?

Sawasdee Siam used to let walk-ins use their pool for a small fee.

Located where Soi Honey Inn meets Soi Boukhaw.

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/pattaya/siam_sawasdee/index.html

Intown Holiday Hotel on Soi Honey Inn has a pool on the roof. Rooms in this hotel are around 600-700 right now.

Okeydokey.

Nope, don't want to "be seen" in a 4 or 5 star hotel. I do that enough through work as it is.

Genuinely want a pool as the guest house I stay at in Patters doesn't have one.

Good option you mentioned above - thanks. :thumbup:

My guest house is in Soi Honey in, so the Sawasdee will be an easy option.

Cheers.

Archived