Where to go to get a ring sized?

TheCorinthian

Not within walking distance of BTS, unless you wanna trek about a mile or so.

Located on Wireless, south of the U.S. Embassy; opposite side of Wireless from the "new" embassy. Maybe a kilometer from where Soi Ruamrudee meets Wireless in the direction of the park. Here's a link: http://www.venus-thailand.com/about.html And here's a link to a map on the website: http://www.venus-thailand.com/map.html

They'll send a car/van to pick you up at your residence if in local area...and deliver you back. You might give them a call or email to get a price and see if you can arrange a time when you can wait to have the ring resized. If stones are "inlaid", it might be problemmatic. I had wanted one resized, but they advised against it, saying that the inlaid stones could come loose.

I'd definitely ask for them to pick u up if possible...since it would be your first time to the location. Of course, while you're waiting, they'll try to sell you something else. 5555555 (A ploy that separated me from another 30,000 baht!)

This place does a BIG biz from the western embassies; they have photos and biz cards from lots of past customers plastered around from the embassies and JUSMAG, etc. They haven't stayed in biz so long by F-ing over customers, for sure.

I'd be interested in knowing your experience with them, should you pay them a visit.

Oh..don't forget to ask about a "special price" LOL! They'll shave a bit off what they first tell you...but not a lot.

HH

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to get a diamond ring sized. Who do you guys use / trust?

In Bangkok' date=' I would not get a ring resized. I would have them mount the ring in a new sitting. [/quote']

I thought of that, but it is a family piece. Multi diamond and the setting is hard to beat.

Going to go to Venus today or tomorrow, I will let you all know what they say and cost.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be interested in knowing your experience with them, should you pay them a visit.

OK they had to remake it. It was a nine diamond thing, 6 tiny, two 1/2c, one 3/4c rock. So they had to pull them all out and make a new ring in platinum.

Total price, $75.

DEAL!! I have to say the place was amazing. They had five of my former direct bosses photos on the wall, so I gave them a command coin from my unit too.

Just curious, but did they basically copy the old design or did they come up with an entirely new product?

In any event, you DID get a good price IMO. I paid something like $130 to have them rebuild just a new crown for a ring to hold a new .5 ct stone. Gotta say that the ring which was 10 years old was returned looking absolutely new.

HH

Archived