Getting a Chinese visa in BKK/Shenzhen/Guanzhou

whcouncill

You can go to the China Visa place and will be approached by guys who will take your passport, paperwork, fix it up, if necessary, take the fee, give you a receipt and tell you when to come back. I got one same day. But they'll do 4 days. I don't remember the charge but it wasn't too much extra for the guys services. But Americans get screwed, as usual, and pay extremely more than any other nationality, for the same visa.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... the visa requirements! :deal:

Non-petition-based visas, such as B1/B2 (tourism, business), Student (F1) or Exchange Visitor (J1) $140 (RMB 966)

To make an appointment [visa interview], first pay application fee, buy a pre-paid PIN card from China CITIC Bank or visit the Visa Information Call Center website to purchase a PIN number online. PIN cards cost 54 RMB for 12 minutes of phone time or 36 RMB for 8 minutes. Unused minutes may be used later or transferred to another party.

Once you have a prepaid card, call the Visa Information Call Center to make an interview appointment or ask specific questions about the visa process. Please ensure that you know the following information: applicant’s full name, passport number, ID number, MRV application fee receipt number, contact information, purpose of travel, place of residence, whether s/he was refused before, etc.

Typical Wait Time (Calendar Days*) for a Nonimmigrant Visa Interview Appointment

Visitors Visas: 16 Days

• 2 weeks later...

It may have something to do with the NPR report I heard last week about Chinese women that have tourist visas coming to the U.S. pregnant and having their kid in the U.S. so it will have U.S. citizenship. There are chinese travel agencies that set this up and arrange for lodging and the hospital. According to the expectant to be mother interviewed, the $15,000 cost of having the baby in the U.S. is offset by the educational and job opportunities, accompanied by U.S. government money for their children, while the child is in the U.S. I, as a U.S. taxpayer, certainly don't want to help pay for a kid's education, health care, etc., when the kid's U.S. citizenship is s sham, designed to take advantage of sgetting citizenship by being being born, but not raised, in the U.S. I'd be extremely cautious about granting any chinese women of child bearing years a visa to enter the U.S.

Archived