Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I don't think Beck is authentic. I have no proof, its just my feeling. He found a niche and is cashing in. Everyone has been trying to out Rush, Rush LImbaugh and he found out how to make it work in a sizeable audience.

Cain's reaction to the occupy Wall Street thing shows how much he is out tune with the average American and how much we are hurting. He's made his money and has for a long time. Not saying he's not a highly moral person. He certainly appears that way. I just get the feeling he wouldn't make a good President. Head of something like Commerce, etc.? Sure. Gets my approval but not the oval office.

I agree that he'd be a great head of something, but maybe not so hot in the White House. Think of Thaksin, the CEO who tried to run Thailand is if it belonged to him. I apologise to Herman Cain for even mentioning his name in the same post as Thaksin, but I expect he might have something of the same attitude. Unlike Thaksin, I do think Cain could learn, however.

post-98-0-61207200-1318309651_thumb.jpeg

I think Cain would have a rough start and later on perhaps learn how to play the game. I don't put a lot of stock into elected office except for one thing. It forces you to compromise and work with opposition as well as be exposed to public opinion. if you haven't held elected office it can be a shock to the system. I think of Ross Perot. He had running his own company for years and ran it autocratically. He was highly principled like Cain as well but I doubt would have made a great President. He was a bit too idealistic as well thinking America was this Rockwell painting. Cain would get frustrated trying to get Dems or even his own party on board with what would seem common sense legislation. I also think he wouldn't take having his legislation changed to the point it may not be recognizable as they often are.

I love his story though. Its a great story. Another of many great American stories that this country is known for.

Cain is getting a lot of mileage out of his 9-9-9 plan. Basically, 9% flat corporate and private tax rate and a 9% national sales tax. It sounds very good actually. The worst candidates can say about it is that it won't pass. If he's elected I'd guess it would also be deemed some sort of mandate for the plan.

I wonder if Romney, if he wins the nomiation, would add him to the ticket and I wonder if Cain would accept? I wouldn't vote for them but it would be an interesting ticket.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/night-9-9-9-plan-022011966.html

Iran is outta control if this report is true. Leave the middle east alone and they will fight each other. Many experts say that Saudi Arabia's biggest fear isn't Israel its Iran. I totally agree.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/saudi-ambassador-adel-al-jubeir-201032231.html

The Justice Department unsealed a five-count criminal complaint Tuesday alleging Iran Qods force-backed agents plotted to assassinate Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United States and possibly bomb the Saudi and Israeli embassies in Washington, D.C.

Poll: Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Mitt Romney All Beat Obama

Here's how much political trouble President Obama is in: A new poll by the authoritative Evolving Strategies firm finds that Herman Cain, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and Mitt Romney would all beat Obama it the election were held today.

Worse for Obama: the poll, which showed some 1,000 Americans videos of both Obama and the candidates speaking on the economy, backed up recent analysis that the president has lost his mojo when it comes to tackling the deepening recession and blaming Republicans for standing in his way.

Evolving Strategies put the video spin on their poll because most of the Republican presidential candidates still aren't known outside of Washington, the early primary and caucus states and to political junkies. Their idea was to show respondents a video clip and have them read a short 120-word biography.

As a result, the respondents felt they had more information and familiarity with the candidates and felt better making a judgment on a head-to-head contest question. Ironically, Obama still beat a "generic" Republican, but not the three front runners. Unfortunately for Obama, since the GOP primary race is now known, there is no more generic candidate to wish for.

Here are their results:

- Despite several bad debate performances by Perry in September, when respondents watched a clip of the Texas governor, he actually gained more support than any of the other candidates and beat Obama by 6-points, 42-36.

- Now Romney had a slightly higher margin—he beat Obama by 7-points 40-33, but he did it with less support. He got less support than Perry, but so did Obama, and there were more people who were uncertain about him, which doesn't come as a surprise—there's clearly been a lot of dissatisfaction with Romney as the establishment candidate.

- Finally, the candidate we're all most interested in—Herman Cain. The question is can he win the Republican primary? And can he win the general election? Well, he can certainly win the Republican primary. Across all treatments, when asked to choose among the eight GOP candidates, Cain won handily with 28 percent of the vote, followed by Romney at 19 percent and Perry at 12 percent.

When it comes to a general election, Cain barely edged out Obama 35-34, but he moved from 5 points down in the control group with the generic Republican to 1 point up. And this jump came entirely out of Obama's vote. It's clear a lot of uncertainty remains in the general population about Cain—for starters he doesn't "look like" the stereotypical GOP candidate. And he certainly doesn't have the typical political background. But despite all that, people seem willing to give him a look – and when they get a look at him, he's running even with Obama. What will be interesting to see is whether all those uncertain votes become more certain about Herman Cain when they get to see more of him.

Bottom Line: Herman Cain can win the general—people have an open mind about him—but he needs to close the sale with those uncertain swing voters.

My link

Is U.S. ready for second black leader?

Is America ready to make history by electing the first black president to replace a black president?

That is the question latest polls increasingly raise these days that show Herman Cain jetting to the front of the GOP pack.

Not since the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court has a black conservative so disrupted the order of things at the highest levels here in Washington.

Who could forget the blood-thirsty “high-tech lynching†the left assembled to thwart him from becoming the only sitting black member of the U.S. Supreme Court?

Twenty years on, the left still harbors a special hatred for Justice Thomas. Meanwhile, his accuser returns to Washington and is feted all over town like a conquering hero who somehow stood up for racial justice by trying to derail the Thomas nomination.

Liberals tolerate blacks and they endure conservatives. But they cannot abide a successful, independent-minded black man who dares to step out of line and reject the enslavement of the Plantation Party.

There is no class of people more openly loathed around here than black conservatives. Truly, it is the Mark of Cain among the liberal intelligentsia who dominate the press and corridors of power.

It is because black conservatives — like all conservatives — reject the pact Democratic Party bosses have made with black voters. That pact is governed by two overriding commandments.

First, you shall always be dependent upon the government. Second, never shall you be encouraged to take risks or venture far enough away from the government to be independent and successful. You will forever be enveloped — or entangled — in a government safety net.

More

I think America would elect a 2nd black president. Cain seems so much different and speaks to a different kind of ideology that its easy to separate the two. I can tell ya though it would be an interesting set of debates they'd have. I wonder who Cain would choose as a VP?

If Biden could be coaxed into taking early retirment, I think Obama should get Hillary on as VP for this round. It would shake and up and ignite the Dems.

Maybe I didn't search hard enough but I didn't see detailed info on the polls where the candidates beat Obama. If its nationally, it won't mean mean much. As I've said, it only matters who can beat Obama in Florida and Ohio, then only slightly less important, Pennsylvania and Michigan. About 40 states are already decided.

As far as Israel and the Saudis, they both need each other. The Saudis need Israel to check Iran and Syria. The last thing Israel wants is an arab spring in the kingdom which may result with some more radical government with all that money and power to side with Iran.