Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I think we can call it a day for Cain. Seems like the nail in the coffin for him. Personally, I could give a damn who he is banging. Republicans seem to make more of an issue out of affairs than Dems do but that stands to reason with the moral standards they impose on candidates as well as so much social conservatism.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-alleges-long-affair-cain-222218960.html

In an explosive allegation, a woman said Monday she and Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain had a 13-year extramarital affair that lasted nearly until the former businessman announced his candidacy for the White House several months ago.

"Here we go again. I didn't do anything wrong," Cain said in a pre-emptive denial that lumped a detailed claim of a consensual affair in with earlier allegations of sexual harassment.

But the Georgia woman, Ginger White, said in an interview with the Fox 5 Atlanta television station that over the years, Cain bought her airplane tickets so she could join him in cities as far-flung as Palm Springs, California, and Atlanta.

"It was fun," the 46-year-old White said. "It was something that took me away from my humdrum life at the time. And it was exciting."

I think we can call it a day for Cain. Seems like the nail in the coffin for him. Personally, I could give a damn who he is banging. Republicans seem to make more of an issue out of affairs than Dems do but that stands to reason with the moral standards they impose on candidates as well as so much social conservatism.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-alleges-long-affair-cain-222218960.html

In an explosive allegation, a woman said Monday she and Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain had a 13-year extramarital affair that lasted nearly until the former businessman announced his candidacy for the White House several months ago.

"Here we go again. I didn't do anything wrong," Cain said in a pre-emptive denial that lumped a detailed claim of a consensual affair in with earlier allegations of sexual harassment.

But the Georgia woman, Ginger White, said in an interview with the Fox 5 Atlanta television station that over the years, Cain bought her airplane tickets so she could join him in cities as far-flung as Palm Springs, California, and Atlanta.

"It was fun," the 46-year-old White said. "It was something that took me away from my humdrum life at the time. And it was exciting."

Excuse me!

EXCUSE ME!

9 9 9

Nine ports

Nine women in each port

Each woman gets 9"!

Remember 9 9 9!

Regardless of the sex scandals, I'm not even counting them. Cain was woefully unprepared to be President. It seemed embarrassingly obvious to me that he had no idea about some basic questions, especially foreign affairs. I cringed when he couldn't answer basic stuff that most of you on this thread knew. Palestine. Egypt. Immigration, as well as other things he has no clue about. I am not starting to believe he never wanted to be President but wanted to sell books. As I said, Commerce Secretary is about as high a level as he should be. He doesn't have a clue about some basic stuff. Sorry. Great personal story no matter what you think of his politics. But Presdential? Not in the least. Some in the media and few of you touting him despite being so unprepared. Its not as bad as Palin but its in the same ballpark.

Come to the party prepared. If a candidate can't do at least that, they shouldn't be in the race.

Regardless of the sex scandals, I'm not even counting them. Cain was woefully unprepared to be President. It seemed embarrassingly obvious to me that he had no idea about some basic questions, especially foreign affairs. I cringed when he couldn't answer basic stuff that most of you on this thread knew. Palestine. Egypt. Immigration, as well as other things he has no clue about. I am not starting to believe he never wanted to be President but wanted to sell books. As I said, Commerce Secretary is about as high a level as he should be. He doesn't have a clue about some basic stuff. Sorry. Great personal story no matter what you think of his politics. But Presdential? Not in the least. Some in the media and few of you touting him despite being so unprepared. Its not as bad as Palin but its in the same ballpark.

Come to the party prepared. If a candidate can't do at least that, they shouldn't be in the race.

It is amazing watching the Republican party destroy itself from within.

I would like to see some quality candidates being seriously considered. Its upside down. Paul, Huntsman and Johnson are the best of the lot. I see that its the ones with a bit of integrity that aren't liikely to be bought off that can't get a look. Speaks volumes of the party.

Dems at least will vote their heart. Obama winning over Hillary proves that. I wouldn't have put money on him in Vegas. He was a long shot. Dems have a habit of picking long shots on occasion. Carter in '76. Clinton in '92. Obama in '08. Can't tell you when a party outsider won for the Republicans. The Republican machine picks the winner and the people go along.

I would like to see some quality candidates being seriously considered. Its upside down. Paul, Huntsman and Johnson are the best of the lot. I see that its the ones with a bit of integrity that aren't liikely to be bought off that can't get a look. Speaks volumes of the party.

Dems at least will vote their heart. Obama winning over Hillary proves that. I wouldn't have put money on him in Vegas. He was a long shot. Dems have a habit of picking long shots on occasion. Carter in '76. Clinton in '92. Obama in '08. Can't tell you when a party outsider won for the Republicans. The Republican machine picks the winner and the people go along.

I guess it is too late for a white GOP knight, right?

Hardly! People are sick of Obama. But the Republicans have to come up with somebody folks will be willing to vote for. Otherwise, a lot of voters will just stay home - which could be a disaster for Obama too. Maybe nobody will win. Then we can go without a Pres for 4 years. Probably would be a good idea. No Congress either. :hmmm:

Obama's Job Approval Drops Below Carter's

President Obama's slow ride down Gallup's daily presidential job approval index has finally passed below Jimmy Carter, earning Obama the worst job approval rating of any president at this stage of his term in modern political history.

Since March, Obama's job approval rating has hovered above Carter's, considered among the 20th century's worst presidents, but today Obama's punctured Carter's dismal job approval line. On their comparison chart, Gallup put Obama's job approval rating at 43 percent compared to Carter's 51 percent.

Back in 1979, Carter was far below Obama until the Iran hostage crisis, eerily being duplicated in Tehran today with Iranian protesters storming the British embassy. The early days of the crisis helped Carter's ratings, though his failure to win the release of captured Americans, coupled with a bad economy, led to his defeat by Ronald Reagan in 1980.

According to Gallup, here are the job approval numbers for other presidents at this stage of their terms, a year before the re-election campaign:

-- Harry S. Truman: 54 percent.

-- Dwight Eisenhower: 78 percent.

-- Lyndon B. Johnson: 44 percent.

-- Richard M. Nixon: 50 percent.

-- Ronald Reagan: 54 percent.

-- George H.W. Bush: 52 percent.

-- Bill Clinton: 51 percent.

-- George W. Bush: 55 percent.

What's more, Gallup finds that Obama's overall job approval rating so far has averaged 49 percent. Only three former presidents have had a worse average rating at this stage: Carter, Ford, and Harry S. Truman. Only Truman won re-election in an anti-Congress campaign that Obama's team is using as a model.

Many pundits believe that job approval ratings are the key number to look at when determining if a president will win re-election. Generally, they feel that a president should be higher than 47 percent to win re-election.

Obama's troubles have revived talk in Democratic circles that Vice President Joe Biden should be replaced by the politically popular Hillary Clinton. She plans to leave as secretary of state at the end of Obama's term no matter what happens in the re-election.

A key Democratic source said that Clinton could help revive the Democratic base and bring in Clinton backers, with whom the administration has had a cool relationship. Clinton has repeatedly rejected talk of her swapping roles with Biden, but Democratic operatives eager to keep the president in office believe that she would be the key to winning educated white voters and liberals upset with the administration's actions.

My link