Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I wouldn't disagree with that article. In some ways it has a lot in common with Bush's campaign in '04. He's taking a page out of the Republican page book and using it against them. I don't agree with it but I would suggest its hypocritcal of the Republican party to complian about it.

Take away the rhetoric. Looking purely at the issues and each candidates views on them and I think there is a big difference.

I wouldn't disagree with that article. In some ways it has a lot in common with Bush's campaign in '04. He's taking a page out of the Republican page book and using it against them. I don't agree with it but I would suggest its hypocritcal of the Republican party to complian about it.

Take away the rhetoric. Looking purely at the issues and each candidates views on them and I think there is a big difference.

The Dems seem now to be on par with the GOP in negative advertising and attack ads. That's going on since months. Of course we all know that's straight from the GOP playbook from previous elections - but of course the GOP and connected right wing fringe groups was and is much worse with it's Swift boating attacks.

For example right wing media are currently promoting two videos:

- one that Obama is the son of a communist leader who took nude photographs of Obama's mother

- second a video of Obama's live birth in Kenya.

The first video is being said to be mailed in thousands of copies to voters in swing states.

There is nothing like this produced by radical Dem supporters.

This about sums it up for me..... I.e., confused.

You know that's BS right? You want soldiers, elderly and students to pay income tax?

Anyway, most US citizens pay taxes, it's just not income tax.

• these figures cover only the federal income tax and ignore the substantial amounts of other federal taxes — especially the payroll tax — that many of these households pay. As a result, these figures greatly overstate the share of households that do not pay federal taxes. Tax Policy Center data show that only about 17 percent of households did not pay any federal income tax or payroll tax in 2009, despite the high unemployment and temporary tax cuts that marked that year.[5] In 2007, a more typical year, the figure was 14 percent. This percentage would be even lower if it reflected other federal taxes that households pay, including excise taxes on gasoline and other items.
  • Most of the people who pay neither federal income tax nor payroll taxes are low-income people who are elderly, unable to work due to a serious disability, or students, most of whom subsequently become taxpayers. (In years like the last few, this group also includes a significant number of people who have been unemployed the entire year and cannot find work.)

http://www.cbpp.org/...fa=view&id=3505

US soldiers pay no tax ? Did I read that correctly ?

We had to pay tax when I served in the Aust Army, and I was earning all of 25K pa as a Lance-Corporal in 1990..... sure, heavily-subsidided food and housing, free medical etc, but it was still a low wage compared to many city slickers.

(even as recruits, where you get paid SFA, we still had to pay tax)

US soldiers pay no tax ? Did I read that correctly ?

We had to pay tax when I served in the Aust Army, and I was earning all of 25K pa as a Lance-Corporal in 1990..... sure, heavily-subsidided food and housing, free medical etc, but it was still a low wage compared to many city slickers.

(even as recruits, where you get paid SFA, we still had to pay tax)

They don't pay income tax. I don't know about payroll tax (which is different in the US)

Jobs will be created no matter who becomes our next president. History tells us that this country has had a recession on average every 7 years. Some small some large. The jobs do come back on their own. Mr. Romney is not going to "create" jobs if elected. No president can do that. Cut government regulations? Do you really want the EPA dissolved? No more clean water and no more clean air? Cut the air traffic controllers? Cut the Department of Education? President Reagan promised that and after eight years as president he did not eliminate it nor did either President Bush. What these Republicans really want to do is social engineering. Read what Missouri Republican senate candidate Todd Akin stated about women. Some Republicans want to mandate a trans vaginal procedure on women. Mandated by the government. These are the same Republicans who are against "big government". Mr. Romney flipped flopped on views on rape. He now states that there can be exceptions for women who have been raped. But guess what? Who determines if a woman has been raped? Not the girl or woman. No. The government. These Republicans are not going to take the word of the girl or woman who has been raped. It will be the government - the courts will determine if a girl or woman has been raped. Is this what you want? This is what the Republicans want. Read what Indiana Republican senate candidate Richard Murdock stated about women. Mr. Romney still supports Republican candidate Richard Murdock. Read what Vice President candidate Paul Ryan has stated about women. No exceptions for any girl or woman that has been raped. Folks this is what these Republican guys and gals actually believe. Do you really want this guy to be one heart beat away from being president? All of the Republicans want to voucher Social Security. Do you know what a voucher means? It means a sum of money - your money - is provided to you and you will have to purchase some mutual fund from some private financial company. A profit making company. What happens if the fund goes down? Those Republicans have no answer for this. You are on your own. And good luck to you when you reach age 65 and the fund has declined in value. Good luck to you if the company that holds your funds goes bankrupt. You are on your own. These Republicans want to provide a voucher to any and all parents so that they can send their children to private schools. Then only the middle class and the poor will send their children to what is left of public schools. If you live in a state that relies on property taxes to fund public schools your real estate taxes will only go up once the voucher system takes effect by these Republicans. The public schools will still have to be funded. Say goodbye to the Post Office. Read the Republican Platform. Written right there. These Republicans want to do away with the US Postal Service and contract the whole thing out to their buddies in private industry. Say goodbye to your local post office. That will be gone. If you live in a rural area you will have to drive for many miles to get to a post office to mail that certified or registered letter. With the Republican plan you may still get mail delivered to your home. But that will be by the lowest bidder. And who knows who will be walking up to your house or driving up to your mail box? So if you are undecided just remember if you vote for these Republicans you can say goodbye to the post office, goodbye to clean water, goodbye to public education. And a big goodbye to your Social Security. Say goodbye to a woman's right to control here body.

WINK

You know that's BS right? You want soldiers, elderly and students to pay income tax?

Anyway, most US citizens pay taxes, it's just not income tax.

• these figures cover only the federal income tax and ignore the substantial amounts of other federal taxes — especially the payroll tax — that many of these households pay. As a result, these figures greatly overstate the share of households that do not pay federal taxes. Tax Policy Center data show that only about 17 percent of households did not pay any federal income tax or payroll tax in 2009, despite the high unemployment and temporary tax cuts that marked that year.[5] In 2007, a more typical year, the figure was 14 percent. This percentage would be even lower if it reflected other federal taxes that households pay, including excise taxes on gasoline and other items.
  • Most of the people who pay neither federal income tax nor payroll taxes are low-income people who are elderly, unable to work due to a serious disability, or students, most of whom subsequently become taxpayers. (In years like the last few, this group also includes a significant number of people who have been unemployed the entire year and cannot find work.)

http://www.cbpp.org/...fa=view&id=3505

I don't know one person who doesn't pay taxes

and some of the poorest pay a higher percentage in taxes

then Willard does!

The guy who lives under the bridge

comes out and buys sodas, cigarettes and booze.........

His tax rate on these items is higher then what Romney pays

in taxes. Figure it out.