Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I think to a certain extent Flash is right. When left alone, Moslems have fought each other. The Ottoman Turks had a helluva time trying to keep their empire stable. Shi'a / Sunni rivalries are intense and brutal. They will fight each other and are doing it now. On a governmental scale Iran and the Saudis are headed toward conflict eventually over the holy cities of Mecca and Medina.

I don't think the moslems are looking to conquer the non moslem world. The problem is only in certain areas. Such as Europe and to a lesser extent England.

If you notice America does not have the same issues with extremists or dissatisfied moslems as the Brits do with Pakistanis and other moslems as well as Europe.

The reason is that America 'cherry-picked' the type of moslems we allowed in. Generally, middle class, professionals often in stable families and they became Americanized easier because they found success easier. Britain brought in a lot of Paksitanis from their empire who were poor, under educated, etc. and found it much harder to integrate into British society. Many became 'British' but many have high unmemployment rates, etc. Europe imported lots of moslems for work. Also, many university students who for some reason became dissatisfied but their American counterparts were not.

Anyway, many moslems outside of Europe and the UK regard the moslems there as their own and could not care less about local law, being moslem is above the local law.

America doesn't have that problem in fact, American moslems actually do a lot of internal spying on their own and alerting authorities of fundmantal, anti western, aniti American behavior. They are very worried about how they are portrayed and viewed and take a dim view of those who would give credence to fears after 911.

The arab spring is actually a plus for the west. The old guard were two faced. They would ofen receive monies from the west and pledge friendship and use anti west rhetoric internally to blame for their own corruption and incompetence and basically blame the west for their people being poor.

Its harder to do now.

Africa is becoming the next major problem. Nigeria, Mali, Somalia, etc. will need to be addressed. Hyprocritically, the arab/moslem world has nothing to say about Islamic oppression and aggression. They quietly approve it. It was how they spread Islam originally.

Europe has a problem though, a big one. France, Germany, Holland, Spain, has sizable moslem peoples that see themselves above local law and are loyal only to their version of Islam.

I don't believe there is a Islamic master plan to conquer the world. Instead, whenever times are hard, there is a longing for time, long ago, when things ran better.

So if Islamic communities in Europe find themselves isolated, jobless and hated, there comes to mind the time hundreds of years ago when Moslems ruled these same countries. It doesn't seem fair. The fact that actually things were not as that way back then doesn't come to mind. Islamic history accents the glorious and victorious times, not the defeats, infightings and routs.

Today Islamic Jihadist movements are busy trying to take back empires Islamic history claims Moslems rightfully ruled long ago. In Kashmir they are trying to defeat Indian domination, and while they are at it, take back India itself from the infidel Hindu Indians.

In Western China, Southern Thailand and Southern Philipines the same thing is playing out against the godless Chinese, Thai Buddhists and hated Christian Filipinos. Did I forget to mention the Middle East?

Now it seems Africa is the new islamic battleground.

Sometimes the thought comes to me that all this effort would be more productive if applied to educating and developing populations in their own lands before embarking on adventures offshore.

The Americas is the only place were this doesn't take place.

Looks like the Algerians have a simple response to 'negotiation' : kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

http://www.news.com.au/world/al-qaeda-seizes-hostages-in-algeria/story-fndir2ev-1226555513214

A DRAMATIC four-day hostage crisis at an Algerian gas plant ended in a bloodbath when Islamists executed all seven of their remaining foreign captives as troops stormed the desert complex.

Twenty-one hostages, including an unknown number of foreigners, died during the siege that began when the Al-Qaeda-linked gunmen attacked the facility deep in the Sahara at dawn on Wednesday, the interior ministry said on Saturday.

Thirty-two kidnappers were also killed, and special forces were able to free "685 Algerian workers and 107 foreigners," the ministry said.

Good post 'drifter. Agree with the jist of it. I don't really think they think they can take back Europe.

I still suggest that the G8 simply agree to ween themselves off oil. Not totally but make their economy not oil based. Cars and transportation run on hybrids, natural gas (even though some of that comes from the ME), use solar, wind and nuclear where ever possible.

If we do not have a business interest in the region we will leave it politically and militarily.

Europe has lost its fight since WW2 and can be bullied. Moslems know this. France is fighting back somewhat and England isn't nearly as soft as some of the Euro countries on the continent.

Great idea FM, unfortunately they are not content to fight and kill each other.

There is their noble concept of conquest of the non-muslim world.

Live and let live is somehow thought of as a weakness.

That isnt my understanding, at least not for so-called 'moderates' : its the Wahabist nutbags who exploit poverty and lack of education to plant hatred from a very young age. Part of the 'deal' with ongoing Australian aid to Indonesia is supposed to be that money is invested in Madrassas that teach a moderate view of Islam, but I've seen very little follow-up re monitoring. The last thing the Indonesian government wants is hardliners turning Indonesian against Indonesian (with the possible exception of the TNI Generals who made millions of dollars from Aceh - bastards). Fascinating country - so many unique rivers flowing into a single lake - and I really hope they can deal with the challenges that lie ahead.

(fwiw, I find it ironic that two of the most spontaneous and uninhibited groups on the planet - Malay and Filipino - were colonised by religious fanatics who preached 'sex for procreation only' and an unsmiling attitude to pleasures of the flesh. Obviously, the size of their respective populations throw that right out the window.(TV will fix that) One can only imagine what it must have been like to be one of the first Europeans to step ashore in the Phillipines :D )

Prank Asks People What They Thought of the Inauguration — Before it Even Happened

President Barack Obama’s second inauguration was “awesome,†“moving†and “you know, part of history.†Vice President Joe Biden even cried.

Too bad it hasn’t happened yet.

But that small detail didn’t stop people from sounding off in front of ABC late night host Jimmy Kimmel’s cameras on what they thought of Obama’s second swearing-in — days before it actually took place.

“It was awesome,†one woman said. “It was, you know, part of history. It was really nice to see him up there, getting his second term. Proud of him.â€

She really liked Obama’s speech, particularly him “talking about what he’s going to do for us, not what he’s going to do for the other countries, what he’s going to do for America.â€

They weren’t all positive reviews, however. There was one person who “didn’t really care for it…I turned the TV off, it kind of bored me.â€

[Video on link]

http://www.theblaze....n=Share Buttons

"TIBURON, CALIFORNIA—Tiburon, a small but wealthy town just northeast of the Golden Gate Bridge, has an unusual distinction: it was one of the first towns in the country to mount automated license plate readers (LPRs) at its city borders—the only two roads going in and out of town. Effectively, that means the cops are keeping an eye on every car coming and going.

A contentious plan? Not in Tiburon, where the city council approved the cameras unanimously back in November 2009.

The scanners can read 60 license plates per second, then match observed plates against a "hot list" of wanted vehicles, stolen cars, or criminal suspects. LPRs have increasingly become a mainstay of law enforcement nationwide; many agencies tout them as a highly effective "force multiplier" for catching bad guys, most notably burglars, car thieves, child molesters, kidnappers, terrorists, and—potentially—undocumented immigrants."

LINK