Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Assuming the conspiracy theorists are right and Obama was born in Kenya, why wouldn't the supposed eligibility of Cruz not also apply to Obama?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

As Cruz was born in Canada, various commentators from the Austin American-Statesman and the Los Angeles Times, discussed Cruz's legal status as a natural-born citizen. Because he was a U.S. citizen at birth (since his mother was a U.S. citizen who lived in the U.S. for more than 10 years as required by the Nationality Act of 1940), most commentators believe Cruz is eligible to serve as President of the United States

As I recall, it came down to a requirement that if only one parent is a US citizen, that parent had to have lived in the US for more than 5 years after age 16. Obama's mother was only 18 when he was born and thus had not lived in the US for 5 years after age 16. It was nitpicking and the requirement was moot, she she hadn't been living anywhere for 5 years after 16!

At least that argument can't be made against Cruz. It doesn't matter anyway, since Cruz is about as likely to be elected president as I am to go to the moon.

Negative.

NNB still having some great foods served during the week.

With all the rain and floods lately, I expect biz slow at NNB but they are still there.

Like the there boss says...stop in and bring a friend!

OK - I haven't seen the square since Munchy published photos of the 'demo-in-progress' some months back, but it looked pretty grim for the remaining structures. It's weird how I didnt feel even vaguely nostalgic for the place before they started pulling it all down - I suspect that the place grew on me during two 3-month stints on Soi 22.

Tonight's Foreign Correspondent here in Oz looks linteresting, if not exactly the most comfortable viewing:

Usa - Down In Jungleland

Would you work for $2.13 an hour? That's the tough new reality for two former professionals you'll meet in this disturbing assessment of America's economic reality.