Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

That's actually more or less what happened in the US the beginning. Presidential candidates didn't campaign personally. It was considered beneath their dignity. Local party leaders did the campaigning for them, while they stayed home and tried to look "presidential". Nowadays, it's more like a three ring circus ... and the candidates act like clowns.

post-98-0-49692000-1504411299_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The American decline will continue because we allow the rich and corporations to buy off the politicians with donating to their campaigns, PACs, lobbyists, etc. Money isn't speech. If it was then bribery wouldn't be illegal. All we have done politically allow the person who handed a briefcase of cash in the alley illegally to come in through the front door and make it okay. We do the voting but you vote for who pays for your election.

At the end of the day, 'you get the government you deserve'. Too many Americans are either apathetic, ignorant, afraid or divided to band together to ask the hard questions and enact the tough solutions as a result. To start the road to true recovery is going to take a lot of sacrifice by too many for it to work I fear.

And though I agree wholeheartedly with the majority of what you say, I can't help note that some leaders bring their people together, some don't.

" I can't help note that some leaders bring their people together". Are you talking American leaders? Other non American leaders? I'd love to read an example.

I am pains to think of one. I know some who try but not sure succeed.

The US has regressed to developing nation status, MIT economist warns

America is regressing to have the economic and political structure of a developing nation, an MIT economist has warned.

Peter Temin says the world's’ largest economy has roads and bridges that look more like those in Thailand and Venezuela than those in parts of Europe.

In his new book, “The Vanishing Middle Class", reviewed by the Institute for New Economic Thinking, Mr Temin says the fracture of US society is leading the middle class to disappear.

The economist describes a two-track economy with on the one hand 20 per cent of the population that is educated and enjoys good jobs and supportive social networks.

On the other hand, the remaining 80 per cent, he said, are part of the US’ low-wage sector, where the world of possibility has shrunk and people are burdened with debts and anxious about job security.

Mr Temin used a model, which was created by Nobel Prize winner Arthur Lewis and designed to understand developing nations, to describe how far inequalities have progressed in the US.

When applied to the US, Mr Temin said that “the Lewis model actually worksâ€.

He found that much of the low-wage sector had little influence over public policy, the high-income sector was keeping wages down to provide cheap labour, social control was used to prevent subsistence workers from challenging existing policies and social mobility was low.

Mr Temin also claims that this dual-economy has a “racist†undertone.

“The desire to preserve the inferior status of blacks has motivated policies against all members of the low-wage sector.

“We have a structure that predetermines winners and losers. We are not getting the benefits of all the people who could contribute to the growth of the economy, to advances in medicine or science which could improve the quality of life for everyone — including some of the rich people," he writes.

Commenting on Mr Temin’s findings, Lynn Parramore, senior research analyst at the Institute for New Economic Thinking, writes: “Without a robust middle class, America is not only reverting to developing-country status, it is increasingly ripe for serious social turmoil that has not been seen in generations.â€

Mr Temin says that education is the solution to offer everyone in society better opportunities and calls for investments in public schools and public universities.

He says: “Knowing how to think, how to get on with people, how to cooperate. All the social skills and social capital … [are] going to be critically important for kids in this environment."

http://www.independe...tform=hootsuite

I was watching an MSNBC show 'Rachel Maddow' http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

Rachel is refreshing, because whilst she is just another Yapping Media Head, she appears to have a brain and is not cookie cutter blond bimbo.

The topic was the Alt Right, Steve Bannon and This Chap (after about 30 seconds) http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/racists-saw-early-opportunity-in-trump-presidency-1039417923876

I'm deeply shocked.

T'were me, I'd nuke this man, not the North Koreans.

2017-04-16-neil-gorsuch-islam-ruling.jpg

When then-candidate Donald Trump spoke at rallies and discussed the importance of electing a conservative Supreme Court Justice could be nominated, the left was oblivious to how important that single issue was. Conservatives recognized that America was at risk if Democrats kept the power.

Recently, the full panel of 9 justices came together for the first time to decide the fate of Islam being taught within our public school system. The decision shows just how close we came to disaster. The 5-4 ruling ultimately decided that Sharia Law or any ideology that contradicts basic human rights will not be taught in America’s public schools.

This shows just how important the election of President Trump was and his decision to appoint Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

“The government certainly has no business being involved in religion, but this isn’t a government issue or a religious issue,†Gorsuch said in a statement. “This is about the judicial branch interpreting the laws as they apply to the teaching of religion. We should be teaching any religions in this country besides standard Judaeo-Christianity, as our founders wanted, and we certainly shouldn’t be filling the children with lies about Islam being a ‘religion of peace’ when they see the carnage on the news almost every day.â€

Gorsuch cast the tie-breaking vote that decided that only the “true historical account†of Islamic history would be taught in the classroom.

http://boredstar.com/breaking-islam-prohibited-public-schools-supreme-court-voted-thanks-trump/

So they effectively ban the teaching of religion (other than than Christo-american) but - The White House accepted 83 gifts from Saudi Arabia during a presidential visit by Donald Trump earlier this year, including cheetah and tiger fur-lined robes, a silver dagger in a mother-of-pearl sheath and several swords. From the head of an Islam state. And this is loverly...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/05/cheetah-fur-robes-silver-dagger-among-83-gifts-donald-trump/