What from Thailand would you like to see in your home country

khunsanuk

My second thing would be street-side food vendors. Of course, due to our Nanny State mentality, governments say they are "unhygenic" and not allowed here. But how great to be able to come out of the pub here, or the office.... (or anywhere!( and get a lovely bowl of kway tee-ao soup, some pad thai or steamed corn. Aroy!

:beer::yeahthat:

I'd LOVE to be able to get pad Thai like the guy makes it in that little covered patio on Suk Soi 3/1, right off the corner. I routinely eat lunch there when I do a vacation stay.

I'd settle for more Thai restaurants run by Thais.

We have one place here in Huntspatch that made me homesick for Bangkok. I've tried three places in Austin, and all three have fallen seriously short.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thai women with Thai women's attitudes.

I' date=' too, agree on this.

As far a motos are concerned, I use to work for a bicycle manufacturer in the 70's and 80's. At the time there was an effort by various suppliers to introduce 49cc mopeds as an alternative to traffic congestion and gas prices. Some bicycle retailers stocked the mopeds, but they never were well received. Reported accidents, traffic and the less speedy 49cc mopeds soon resulted in minimal acceptance by the public.[/quote']

I remember those POSes. A friend of mine was almost killed on one, when a wind gust blew her into a car. An idiot riding one almost ran me down one night, when he learned that the brakes on them did not really give adequate safety margin at high speed. (I owned and rode a Kawasaki 350 triple at the time.)

Hi,

Subject says it all. What would you like to see in your home country that is common in Thailand?

For me it would be motorcycle taxis. While they can be a major pain for those driving cars, I find them very useful to get around.

Sanuk!

Ducks with their heads on hanging in the grocery stores and restaurants.

Ah, that's a new one. Never been there. I've heard there are 3 or 4 in Huntsville now. There was a little one over in that area years ago, run by a GI's Thai wife. I thought it closed but maybe not. Supposed to have been good. I went into an Indian grocery on University one days and to my amazement saw piles of durian. The owners didn't even know what they were - said they'd come by mistake. I bought a couple and advised them to let the local Thais know they had durian. :D

Archived