Internet Turns 20 Years Old

MooNoi

Will ask a mate of mine, not sure he agree's with your timeline. He's admitted it's his fault the ip4 needs to go to 6.

I know the later story, you told me. I'm pretty sure of my recollection. I'll give you old skool IP addys or domain names by PT or telesop. It involved DARPA and Oak Ridge labs...

Timeline deffo of limits, there was JANET (Joint academic network) back in 68 in the states.

I worked with Tim Burners Lee at CERN in 1988 when he deveoped Hyper Text Transfer Protocal (HTTP) as a method of sharing data. When I say worked with Tim thats a little understatement, he was my mentor and I was (is) his prodigy.

It was HTTP 22 years ago that made the Net as it is today. such a simple code. One of the the first browsers was Netscape, better known as Firefox today, yes CERN team developed it.

OK

Maybe HTTP was released to you minions in 1990 but it was 1988 when it was developed, fark I worked with Tim on it. The internet was around way before HTTP, as I said in previos post there was JANET in the late 60's. I remember using ICQ when at Uni circa 84-85 and thats 25 years ago (ouch I feel old)

The internet as we know it today may be 20 years old but it has been around a lot longer than that.

I agree with you note above!

I think the article would have been a little more correct if they said the WWW has been around since 1990.

DARPA where a mate of mine was developed a lot of this. What Tim did was enable us to have HTTP that worked, first server, first "web" address.

I guess in a way you coul say the technology feild was "pregnant" with the Internet, Tim gave birth to it in he form we know today.

Archived