Drink and off quotas

shotover

in my regular go-go(which i hear is now closed boo hoo) the girls got 30 bt out of 100 for a ladydrink.

barfine was 500 bt and they recieved 150 bt wether it was the first day of the month or last.

for every drink and BF they received a slip of paper with the date on and the relevant details(drink/BF).

they then cashed these in at the end of the month and it was added onto their salary.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The above responses pretty much cover it. All I have to add is that, in general, GoGo bars do not have required offs (bar fines) for service but most do for dancers. Bar Beers are all over the place as far as policy for offs. However, more require a minimum offs than don't.

In almost all cases service, dancers and staff recieve about 30 Baht for each lady drink they have. Service, mamasans and bartenders also share in the tips left in the tip trays using various formulas. Dancers and Dek Serves keep any money you hand directly to them.

Salaries for Dek Serves vary from FreeStyle (no salary) to 5,000 Baht per month..Most in the 3,000 to 4,000 Baht area. Salaries for Dancers are all over the board with all kinds of variations and levels of pay based on monthly offs, amount of clothing, shows, Size of the bar, shows, etc.

Bar Fines...... a few bars give a percentage of all their bar fines. A few give the girls a percentage of their bar fines over a certain level and many give no incentives.

In general most bar managers claculate that Dek Serves and dancers should generate more income from lady drinks and bar fines than the cost of their salaries. Almost every bar will hire more Dek Serves than they need to address offs and no-shows. I don't know a single bar that isn't looking to hire, at least, 20% more dancers than they already have.

One final thing when doing your calculations. After selling a 50 Baht to 110 Baht lady Drink and deducting the cost of the alcohol and the girls commissions......Don't forget that the bar has to pay monthly rentals of from 20,000 Baht to 500,0000 Baht, has to pay the bartenders, mamasans, door staff, security staff, bookkeeping staff, utility bill of 3,000 - 50,0000 Baht.

Almost every bar owner paid "key money" and deposits they'll never see again, of between 30,000 Baht and 20,000,000 Baht for the privilege of signing a lease plus remodeling costs of from 10,000 Baht to 30,000,000 Baht for remodeling, air-con, lighting, seating, construction, etc......Ya gotta sell a lot of cokes and beers to get all your money back, let alone make a profit, in the bar business.

Thanks TC and others for the feedback.

"Salaries for Dek Serves vary from FreeStyle (no salary) to 5,000 Baht per month..Most in the 3,000 to 4,000 Baht area."

What is a "freestyle" Dek Serve (waitress), and why would they work for no salary?

Often the waitresses seem happier and more personable than the dancers.

Shotover

[color:blue]Service, mamasans and bartenders also share in the tips left in the tip trays using various formulas. Dancers and Dek Serves keep any money you hand directly to them.color=blue>

This is a good point to emphasize. If you intend to tip a particular girl for service above and beyond the call of duty you should make sure to hand it directly to her. Several times I have had BGs admonish me for leaving too much change as a tip when paying the bill.

My ex-BG gf told me she had never received more than 1500-4000Bht salary per month from the bar.

Service staff: many of them are ex-dancers who realised that the unmetered chat time (and a chance of being b-fined) with customers makes up for the lower salary.

Indeed, a dancer, when her time is up to go back to the stage, gets penalized if she is still sitting with a potential customer. Even if she gets him, the penalty is applied.

That was at NEP. I would think SC is similar.

Hi,

"Say the salary is 6000, the quota is 8 BF per month and the venue's BF is 500. What would you expect the penalty for missed BFs to be?"

Almost certainly 500 Baht per missed barfine.

In other words, regardless whether or not the girl makes her quota, the bar makes the full amount.

"And what about going light on the drink quota?"

Not certain. Could be no fine, but be short 2 months in a row and you are out of a job.

Sanuk!

"Almost certainly 500 Baht per missed barfine.

In other words, regardless whether or not the girl makes her quota, the bar makes the full amount."

"Not certain. Could be no fine, but be short 2 months in a row and you are out of a job."

Wow. These can be harsh consequences that can result in little or no pay and possibly no job for those who are a little older, less attractive. or shy. I don't know about others, but it makes me a little more tolerant to the aggressive "you buy drink me" or "you pay bar me".

Shotover

Hi,

"These can be harsh consequences that can result in little or no pay and possibly no job for those who are a little older, less attractive. or shy."

Try the karaoke bars. Theorically girls can end up with a negative salary in some bars.

Sanuk!

Archived