Drink and off quotas

shotover

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Spoke to a waitress friend in NEP about this a few weeks ago, and she said that the waitresses (at least in that bar) don't have any quotas. This seems to be the norm.

I think beerbar girls do have quotas, but I am not certain. They are likely to be lower than the quotas for dancers.

Sanuk!

Why would the waitresses have quotas for BF and lady drinks? Seems like it wouldn't make any business sense, since that is not their job. I could imagine a waitress having quotas for serving a certain number of drinks (to customers), but don't think it's a good idea.

Most beer bars don't have quotas but I know some that do.

It's 30 drinks and 7 offs. Now you know why the girl always wants to go see her friends in the bar or finds some excuse to stop there every day with you.

It's about the same in the go-gos that I know, 30 drinks and 10 offs.

I guess it basically pays for the salary so the bar ends up getting the girl for free.

Hi,

"BF, say 500 baht. Bar keeps maybe 350 of that?"

Try 500 Baht. Most bars don't give the girl anything of the fine, some only after she has reached her quota.

I.e. she needs 7 barfines, makes 10, the girl gets 3 x 100 Baht. Bar keeps the rest.

This means that this:

"So, (45 x 30) + (350 x 10) = 4850. Girl's salary, maybe 6000? So each girl costs 1150 per month?"

becomes, this:

"So, (45 x 30) + (500 x 10) = 6350. Girl's salary, maybe 6000? So each girl makes the bar 350 per month?"

Sanuk!

Typical scenario is that bgs get no part of the barfine until they hit their quota, and above quota, they then get some reasonable part of the fine (30%). Same for drinks - once they are above quota, their cut goes up.

30 drink quota sounds low - I know a couyple years back it was 100 drinks a month (for example at Flowers Disco, when it was the first go-go at CEP, before it got replaced by Candy Store).

"Let the good times roll!

B-Fly BKK

Archived