Update your Thai bank acc'ts

rookie

I had a damaged ATM card from one of the Thai banks where I have an acc'ts. I went to the bank seeking a new ATM card and gave the gal my passbook and Thai drivers license (the new 5-year Thai D/L's have your passport number).

"Sorry, sir, your passport number doesn't match that on the acc't". Hmmm, then I realized I'd renewed my passport early last year, and it has a different number than the old one. I'd also moved to a different condo a few years ago.

So, if anyone has either renewed their passport, and the new one has a different number than the previous one, or you've changed your address, I suggest you inform your bank(s).

Bangkok Bank have given my mate a new card with a supposedly uncopyable chip in it as a consolation prize having washed their hands of any responsibility for the 350k skimming scam at one of their ATMs.

Maybe Bangkok Bank doesn't know its useless. TIT.

Be on your guard. Read other victims' stories at Siam CB and other banks here

Seems to me that that any ATM that has bits on it that look like you can rip them off, should have them ripped off and thrown in the gutter.

Mind you I can see me, having a nice drunken demolition derby, on an ATM near cowboy only to find out it's a legit one.

That'd be embarrassing!

Archived