Largest amount of people in a taxi

khunsanuk

Hi,

The longest walk thread sparked another memory, one of a friend and me traveling by taxi with some girls.

The total amount of people in the taxi was 9. The taxi driver - obviously - in the driving seat. Two Thai girls in the passenger seat. My friend and I, and 4 more girls in the back.

Oh, and all of us were soaking wet as it was Songkran.

Still amazed the guy actually picked us up :)

Sanuk!

I've seen a few taxis at RCA picking up 6 or 7 girls at the end of a night out a few times. God how I wish I was a seat in one of those taxis!!

For myself, I did a songthaew (same as a baht bus in Pattaya really) ride for 5 hours once from Krabi to Hat Yai with 17 people (all farang size!) in a songthaew with seats for 10 in the back. :doah: Not an overly pleasant drive!

I remember 7 or 8 in a Volkswagen beetle in my high school days. :p

You were amatuers. We used have competitions of how many people we could stuff into a Beetle. The best I saw was 17 although I wasn't in it myself. On an actual trip we were 9 once. We were stopped by the police (pigs :) ). One constable asked if we thought this was appropriate. My answer was - "no but it is bloody fun." Swedish police are obviously less violence prone than their American counterparts or I wouldn't be alive today. I was of course quite drunk.

Hi,

The longest walk thread sparked another memory, one of a friend and me traveling by taxi with some girls.

The total amount of people in the taxi was 9. The taxi driver - obviously - in the driving seat. Two Thai girls in the passenger seat. My friend and I, and 4 more girls in the back.

Oh, and all of us were soaking wet as it was Songkran.

Still amazed the guy actually picked us up :)

Sanuk!

Was this a motorcycle taxi?

Archived