Bought Land for Wife In Her Village

New Petchburi Pete

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I bought my wife two pieces that total about an acre. The land is in her name; and, my mother-in-law already had the document(s) reviewed by a lawyer. "

could you go into some detail about the process of buying the land, dealing with officials and costs involved etc?

thanks, think_too_mut.

Now, when a Thai friend is telling me a story about the Northeast, I will have a point of reference, and I can sort of visualize (from a Westerner's viewpoint) the social setting about which the Thai is speaking.

And, well, I guess I am just a curious little shit.

Thanks. Also, I can say I know of one more town in Isaan, if nothing else. smile.gif

In reply to:

Anybody got any rough estimate of the cost of building a 'farang' house?

A simple, comfortable one floor 2-3 bedroom with bathroom, block walls, tile roof on top of steel trusses, tile floors, good windows, adequate steel reinforcement in the floors and walls: baht250,000-350,000. Baht1,000,000 is a good ?rough? estimate for a comfortable two story....bahnawk

You can have another one here:

Mubaan Baan Sarm Yaek Pi Tak.

Thousands of these small almost anonymous villages all over Isarn.

Now if you could tell me which province it belongs to I`ll be impressed smile.gif

Hua Nguu

Just for the comparison I can tell that my thai family built a new two storey house in their village a couple of years back. Total price less than 40 K.

But it is less than comfortable to say the least. Anyway the squat toilet is inside the house now and so is the "shower". A great improvement. Now you don`t have to fight your way in the black night through the yard while risking stepping on snakes, centipedes, milipedes, frogs, crabs and God knows what. In this toilet they used to grow mushrooms on a picket leaning against the wall as the climate in here apparently was suitable.

Hua Nguu

I was told by my regular bgf she needed 100,000 baht to finish her house. I was not sure she meant to finish it or atually 100k to build a new house. I would like to know how much a basic thai house in the rural area cost? How long do you think it would take here to save 100k on an average bg income (she is quite thrifty) with the bkk cost of living?

B100.000 would build a cement block house in a village that would be comfortable by villagers? standards, actually suitable for temporary stay by farang standards. Not beautiful but functional.

As to how long it would take her to save B100,000? It is possible for a popular BG to earn this amount in a short period of time, 1-2 months, but saving this amount is another matter, a different subject altogether. Perhaps she wants you to finance the construction of her house yourself??..bahnawk

Archived