For Sale Restaurant / Cafe

Roger

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I mean is' date=' other than the lease and I guess the name... what do you get? Furn? Fixtures? Inventory? Employees?[/quote']

You get the right to run a business from that location. At the moment, the current owner has that right.

Then I guess we're right back to about what I said earlier. If for 500k, all you get is the right to be in there, I thought that's what right the lease gave you. So.....you get the honor of after paying 500k, to then start paying 16k more every month. :dunno:

What I mean is' date=' other than the lease and I guess the name... what do you get? Furn? Fixtures? Inventory? Employees?[/quote']

You get the right to run a business from that location. At the moment, the current owner has that right.

Then I guess we're right back to about what I said earlier. If for 500k, all you get is the right to be in there, I thought that's what right the lease gave you. So.....you get the honor of after paying 500k, to then start paying 16k more every month. :dunno:

It is a normal thing in the purchase of a business, the right to take over the lease, by way of an assignment or entering into a new lease. Presumably, the location of where the business premises is situated has itself, value :beer:

A business situated in outback Australia, save and except a pub, usually has little value but, one situated on the quay in Sydney harbour has enormous value. It will be the business owners claim that he has built up goodwill by establishing the business where it is and having operated it for a period of time so that the customer attendance is of good value :beer:

Caveat emptor, one must do there own homework, just because you buy good will does not mean that it or you can maintain it :beer:

Another one that comes to mind, where it appears no matter who takes over it has a death sign over it, is the Blue Lighting Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 7/1. You could swing a cat (or ladyboy) around and not hit anyone, unless it has changed in the last 2 months, it has been empty for years.

Ok, that's what I thought. Having owned 3 restaurants in my day, 500k is a horrible deal unless this place is just in a prim prime prime spot.

Archived