Firefox "clunky"

Redbaron

Gents,

For some time Firefox has been "clunky" on my computer.. IE pages loading slower than usual, when I right click on a link (eg a forum topic with the view to open in new tab) it takes up to 20 seconds for the list of options to open (Open in new Window; Open in new Tab etc), then takes a few clicks for it to happen.

I remember reading not so long ago a few of the lads had switched off Firefox but couldn't remember why.. Posting using Google Chrome at the moment and it's almost as if I'm on a brand new computer.

My worry is.. could there be something wrong with my laptop? I've done full virus scans (all good) as well as spybot and all seems good.

I have plenty of add-ons: AVG Safe Search, BabelFish, BlockSite, EXIF Viewer, FLV Movies Downloader, Hotspot Shield, IE Tab 2, Java Console, M$ .NET Framework Asst, PC Sync 2, Skype, US English Spellchecker and Web SlingPlayer.

Execution time varies from ~0.145-0.285 seconds.

Speed Test sez:

1163818641.png

Not sure if any of that is helpful. But there ya go.

I quit using Firefox several years ago. I liked Google Chrome and switched to it ... until it started crashing with unwelcomed regularity. Now I am on Opera, which also crashes whenever it seems to feel like it - usually when the internet is seeing high usage. Maybe time to move to SeaMonkey? :dunno:

I quit using Firefox several years ago. I liked Google Chrome and switched to it ... until it started crashing with unwelcomed regularity. Now I am on Opera, which also crashes whenever it seems to feel like it - usually when the internet is seeing high usage. Maybe time to move to SeaMonkey? :dunno:

Time for updating or reinstalling your OS I would say.

Archived