Pool / Billiard Equipment -- Hi Quality Cues?

Straycat

Hi there,

I'm on the hunt for a real hi quality billiard cue (i.e. brand name, for example "Huebler") but I don't have the slightest idea where to find one in BKK.

Anyone out there kind enough to share some tips?

Thanks,

Straycat

Last March we spent two days searching all of Bangkok for some Quality Cues... No Luck... Several places had Snooker Cues, most from Europe, but no Quality Pool Cues... We even tried to find someplace to make some for us, as my son wanted something Really Special to take home...

Pianoman

He wants a Thai cue? Should gift wrap one of the New Wave Bar or Bamboo Bar throw aways smile.gif

The guy on Patpong2 has some okay cues. The interesting thing you'll notice is that all the house cues available for use are all two piece metal joint cues. Considerably more expensive than stocking one piece'ers for use. I believe the owner is trying to promote and sell his own cues as he owns/partners in companies that manufacturer sticks and cases.

<<burp>>

• 2 weeks later...

You might not be able to find the old thread because of your preferences. When you are looking at the sports thread, make sure the box on the upper right hand side says to show threads within the last month smile.gif

The place on Patpong 2 and Siromwong is called Ball King. It's in the office building between Patpong 1 and Patpong 2. You can actually see the place if you look at the windows on the second floor (for americans) of the building on the corner of Patpong 2 and Siromwong. There is no obvious entrance from the ground, you have to enter the office building and walk up the steps.

NOTE: THE LAST TIME II was there (one week ago) they did not have anymore western cues. Don't know what happened to them. Couldn't ask the owner as he never showed. They were selling the same type of cues at the store at Fortune Mall as well as others I didn't recognize (but I'm no billiard expert and don't know the major cue manufacturers anymore). I looked at their cases. The smaller cases were pretty cheap but the medium to bigger cases were nice.

Also, the tables at Ball King are definitely 9 feet long. Still a nice place to shoot but 300/hour and it's now 40/baht per game is a bit much (night time rates).

<<burp>>

Archived