Alien Life Exists!

Steve

I'm an alien. In a couple more works I have to report again to confirm I'm still here. :(

p.s. What does it change? It still doesn't explain why it is (was) alive. But maybe terrestrials will have to set up defences against meteors that might be carrying hostile alien bacteria. :hmmm:

Hi,

What does it change?

It changes the fact that we are not the only life in the universe, this (life on earth) was not just a random fluke.

Religion becomes even more obsolete (although no doubt the religious nutters will 'proof' that it is all God's plan).

Sanuk!

I don't think anyone except the fundies of all religions believes were are the only life in the universe. I do know a few atheists who are convinced we are though. I have evangelical relatives who are quite gung ho on aliens and life in other planets. They regard the bible as applying only to THIS planet.

Religious beliefs change with time - except for the extreme fundies, who are becoming even more extreme as they left far behind. :p

Maybe not. Link

... the major problem here is contamination. Even if we assume the things Hoover is seeing are fossilized life forms -- and that's not established! -- can he show beyond a reasonable doubt that they are not from Earth? The meteorite in question is not a hard, dense rock, but actually very soft and friable (crumbly). Contamination in such a specimen is very likely. Hoover does not and really can not make a strong case that contamination is ruled out.

Another concern of mine was that he is basing a lot of this on the shape of the structures he sees... but looking like a microbe doesn't make them a microbe! ...

I remember discussing the possibility of life elsewhere in a church discussion group and Ithink I recall the minister, who had a doctorate in theology, saying the bible does not say that we are the only ones. Just that we were made in his image. "God" could have put life elsewhere...in theory.

I think the odds are good that there is some sort of life, be it a microbe or uni-celled organism elsewhere. Just my guess, Complex life is another matter.

Hi,

"I think the odds are good that there is some sort of life, be it a microbe or uni-celled organism elsewhere. Just my guess, Complex life is another matter."

It's a numbers game. The amount of planets out there is absolutely staggering, so I think there is a very good chance there is other intelligent life out there.

The distances between planets however is also staggering, so the chances of us ever meeting any of this life are remote I'd say.

Sanuk!

Archived