Aaah, Romania ...

gobbledonk

If someone is an immigrant at some point in their family tree does it make them less a citizen? The article referred to her as Romanian.

Did it say Gypsy in the article? I missed it if it did.

Can only go with what is posted in the link as that is all I have read on this. Other posters, like me, may not have access to your superior news sources and have only read THAT story.

How would it have sounded if he said, “Ah, Jewish. Not really European.†Or “...not really Swissâ€, or “not really Frenchâ€, or “not really Belgiuminianâ€.

It might piss people off.

But he didn't say that. You did. About a Romanian you say is a Gypsy.

If he had said “Jews have different family structures, religion, mentality, etc...†I bet a lot of people on the board would not have liked it.

It might piss people off.

Like you did with your comment.

I have chatted with people from Romania, Hungary and other countries in that part of the world.

Asking about the gypsy, they all claim the other country was were the gypsy came from :dunno:

Go figure...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all. For your anger, frustration and bitterness.

Now prejudice.

In the past I've heard exactly what cav heard above about Gypsies from similar Eastern Europeans. But it is ALWAYS Jews AND Gypsies the prejudice is directed towards.

I think it is wrong to hate people because of their ethnic group or religion and try to judge people as individuals.

Someday I hope you can travel and maybe even visit the Middle East.

It will broaden your horizons, change your views on a lot of things and maybe even make you a better person.

Guest lazyphil

“Jews have different family structures, religion, mentality, etc...â€

most jews, i guess, know this and are proud of this!

LOL

I merely pointed out that she is a Gypsy, for context.

Gypsies have a different culture and abide by their own laws.

And from that you leap to call me a racist, angry, frustrated, bitter and prejudiced ?

LOL again :dunno:

BB

No. The frustrated and bitter has been there for a long time.

The prejudice and racism in the past only towards Muslims...the Gypsy thing is new.

Damn right! It's about time Belgian Boy visited the Middle East. :beer:

at least you have a clue....

He didn't say Israel. He said Middle East as I said in the post above.

The point I am trying to make is about tolerance of people who are different than you.

With the recent political changes in the Middle East I fear that for Israel it may now be too late.

Archived