Aaah, Romania ...

gobbledonk

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/8970182/romanian-woman-a-grandmother-at-23/

A Romanian woman has revealed how she became the world’s youngest grandmother at the age of 23.

Rifca Stanescu, now 25, gave birth to her daughter when she was just 12 years old, The Sun has reported.

Ms Stanescu begged her daughter Maria, 11, to stay in school and finish her education but Maria married and within six months she was pregnant with baby Ion.

“I did not try to stop my daughter getting married because this is the tradition, it’s what happens,†Ms Stanescu told The Sun.

Two-year-old Ion has already been promised to an eight-year-old girl.

“I am happy to be a grandmother but I wished something else for Maria - and something else for me,†Ms Stanescu said.

“Ion is a good boy - and he is already engaged to a girl aged eight. Boys are always good to have - they don’t have to suffer as much girls I think.â€

Ms Stanescu was originally pledged to another boy’s family when she was two years old, but “didn’t want thatâ€.

She ran away with husband Ionel Stanescu, a jewellery seller, when she was 11 and he was 13.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB - pretty racist, you could be jewish and still have a belgium passport, just because the are gypsies doesn't make them any less a citizen with rights etc. I guess only people who have a complete family tree in Belgium are belgiuminians? A recent immigrant from Africa isn't really belgium but African????

BB - pretty racist, you could be jewish and still have a belgium passport, just because the are gypsies doesn't make them any less a citizen with rights etc. I guess only people who have a complete family tree in Belgium are belgiuminians? A recent immigrant from Africa isn't really belgium but African????

Duh....where is this coming from ?

I merely pointed out what was in the local newspapers here.

Gypsies (or Roma) have different family structures, religion, mentality, etc...

And girls as early as 2 years old are promised / engaged with boys within the same clan.

Up to you to concluse what you want.... :beer:

BB

Gypsies (or Roma) have different family structures, religion, mentality, etc...

And girls as early as 2 years old are promised / engaged with boys within the same clan.

But surely everyone is subject to the laws of the land ? Last time I checked, getting a 13-year old pregnant was considered a crime in most parts of the world - clearly its just business as usual in parts of Romania.

BB, I know this sort of thing is a touchy subject in Belgium, but your society is still a long ways ahead of dirt-poor Romania.

Guest lazyphil

NG aka Bono, the social warrior for the little people :dunce:

yes we could all do with an influx of roma to enhance societys!!!....racist, you bet!

If someone is an immigrant at some point in their family tree does it make them less a citizen? The article referred to her as Romanian.

Did it say Gypsy in the article? I missed it if it did.

Can only go with what is posted in the link as that is all I have read on this. Other posters, like me, may not have access to your superior news sources and have only read THAT story.

How would it have sounded if he said, “Ah, Jewish. Not really European.†Or “...not really Swissâ€, or “not really Frenchâ€, or “not really Belgiuminianâ€.

It might piss people off.

But he didn't say that. You did. About a Romanian you say is a Gypsy.

If he had said “Jews have different family structures, religion, mentality, etc...†I bet a lot of people on the board would not have liked it.

It might piss people off.

Like you did with your comment.

Archived