Is this the typical expat?

Steve

First I heard of him. Don't know his views on other things but I'll give him a read. A friend sent me this particular one.

I don't know the typical expat, hence my question in the subject line. I think there is a pretty good variety of expats out there.

I don't know the typical expat, hence my question in the subject line. I think there is a pretty good variety of expats out there.

I agree. You have those who are employed by governments, multi-nationals, freelancers, and retirees. The "average" of any subgroup might be easy to guess at. But, if you narrow your sample to Washington Square, the concept of "economic refugee" might also easily be applied. (That's not to say I disagree with some of the author's thoughts.)

HH

But, if you narrow your sample to Washington Square, the concept of "economic refugee" might also easily be applied.

As in politics, you don't know much about that subject either, do you?

Most of the guys you "piss on" for hanging there could buy-n-sell you many times over, but just don't give a fuck on that level. It ain't Khao San Rd....

Good example: I (and my entire family) would be well to to in the US with just the interest on at least one guy's accounts as mentioned in this thread.

:neener: ,

LK

But' date=' if you narrow your sample to Washington Square, the concept of "economic refugee" might also easily be applied.[/quote']

As in politics, you don't know much about that subject either, do you?

Most of the guys you "piss on" for hanging there could buy-n-sell you many times over, but just don't give a fuck on that level. It ain't Khao San Rd....

Good example: I (and my entire family) would be well to to in the US with just the interest on at least one guy's accounts as mentioned in this thread.

:neener: ,

LK

Hey LK I hang out at WS (as you well know) can you loan me 65 Baht for a beer so I will fit in? :dunce::beer::sleeping:

Expat what? :neener:

Expat is a noun. Black is an adjective.

I would expect better of an English teacher! :neener: The meaning of words are not so black and white. :cool:

Black

adjective' date=' -er, -est, noun, verb, adverb

–[b']noun[/b]

the color at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to white, absorbing all light incident upon it. Compare white ( def. 19 ) .

( sometimes initial capital letter )

a.

a member of any of various dark-skinned peoples, especially those of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.

b.

African-American.

black clothing, especially as a sign of mourning: He wore black at the funeral.

Chess, Checkers . the dark-colored men or pieces or squares.

black pigment: lamp black.

Slang . black beauty.

a horse or other animal that is entirely black.

lol shygye, as about as varied as the expats. Im atypical everything though, Black as well as American. :nahnah:

I will say this. The current state of affairs (sad as it is) back home has seen a wider variety of people get a passport and explore options in countries they wouldn't have considered prior.

Archived