Can anybody explain why it's so cold ?

iuytrede

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not climate! It's the weather.

Now that I've made that mandatory statement to prevent others from chiming it, it's all due to global warming. Because of global warming, the cold has to go somewhere ... so it came to Bangkok.

It is 20C here right now - that's 68 farking degrees in Fahrenheit (the white man's measuring system :cover: ). I was almost shivering when I woke up this morning. Wonder what it got to during the night.

If this keeps up, Songkran is going to be a lot of fun this year. :shocked:

p.s. Hope it keeps up. :beer:

20 deg C is *cold* ? I know its all relative, but even for a thin-skinned woos like myself, 20 deg C aint cold ...

Unless you have winds coming off the Siberian tundra, I doubt that Emporium is going to have to start stocking fur coats anytime soon. Of course, if that does happen, please post some photos !

Doi Ang Kang: weather station there: 9.8 Celsius this morning

Anyway, back then, 20 Celsius seem cold, I remember a day on December 2006 and the temperature was around 20 and I was shivering....

But, I do remember seeing somewhere (was it the thai meteorological department?) that the lowest officialy measured temperature in BKK was as low as +- 10 Celsius (which would be more or less around 65-70 Farenheit).

-> so no, it is not cold in BKK, just a bit lower than the monthly averages and it is not unusual so it is just the weather for today.

If you want to warm up head to Krabi (33 Celsius forecasted) or to Trang.

Archived