Can't get internet explorer to work?

Lusty

INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING

When I look in "VIEW PROBLEM DETAILS" I get this.

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: iexplore.exe

Application Version: 8.0.6001.19019

Application Timestamp: 4d0c3d4c

Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 03f31278

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: fd00

Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Additional Information 3: fd00

Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

How can I sort it out?Ta

Other browsers are ok but I have all my book marks on IE.

And/or download the latest firefox browser. When you install the brower it will ask if it should import all IE bookmarks.

By the way it is always good to have a second browser, since some pages are working better on certain browsers.

Lusty,

you may import your bookmarks from IE favorites into Firefox when FF is already installed. Go to manage bookmarks and look for a button or menu to import or save bookmarks. Then look for import HTML.

Back to your original problem. You did not sys which version of Windows you are using, but from the info I get it's Vista 64bit with SP2 installed.

First, if you have system restore active try that. If not successful try downloading IE8 and install it again. Last resort is downloading IE9 and install it.

Still not working? You're screwed, save all your data and reinstall the OS.

Well, first of all, you should be using Firefox. It's 2011, why are you still trying to use IE???

In the future--after you've reconstructed, from scratch, a bookmark list you don't want to lose--you should use one of the many available Firefox add-ons dedicated to saving your bookmarks (you can also do it straight out of Firefox), or, even better, take advantage of Firefox 4's ability to sync not just your bookmarks but your passwords, browsing history, etc., to another computer. You won't ever lose anything again.

Archived