Aussies to be fined for swearing!

Flashermac

Australians may have a love of plain speaking but new laws are set to curtail some of their more colourful language with police issuing on-the-spot fines for obnoxious swearing.

The country's second most populous state Victoria is due to approve new legislation this week under which police will be able to slap fines of up to Aus$240 (US$257) on people using offensive words or phrases.

Victorian Attorney-General Robert Clark said the penalties, similar to those issued for speeding or parking illegally, would free up police time.

Link :cussing:

How the f....king hell will it f....ing free up the bastarding police bleeding time ???

They'll be employed f...king listening to every f.....king word thats said even when your having a s.it.

What happens if you swear in your own (foreign) language??

Good luck enforcing that one, particularly when a lot of our cops use the kind of language that would embarrass a sailor. I saw a male cop trying to handcuff a feral teenager in Ipswich a couple of years back, and his language was worse than the kids. I reckon I'd be using some choice words if they posted me to that shithole.

Archived