Virus Eruption in BKK

I'm pretty ignorant about computer viruses, and I fortunately seem to have avoided most. But since turning on my computer this morning, i havereceived four separate messages to my Hotmail address, all carrying a reinvigorated Klez virus. I think maybe Hotmail's MacAfee virus screener may have stripped out the virility of the bug - or else I am now infected. But all four messages came from Bangkok - and I had never heard of any of the senders????? This version must scramble/substitute originating addresses,because I am getting the messages from people's names with whom I have never had contact.

Beware!

B-Fly BKK

Maybe something you know: how is the virus-situation in belgium?

The last 2 months I almost get 1 daily from different addesses in Belgium!

Virus scanner always detects them, but strange that all are from Belgium.

I only know 1 person there!

Hmmmmmmm...... that is strange........

Just returned from lunch, and I got 3 more mails with the same virus, all "Klez virus".......

Checking the addresses, all from aol, hotmail and yahoo addresses unknown to me...........

Anybody has more ideas ??????

I'm not getting such a 'real' virus. More web-pages that are forwarded to me but contain strangeelements like bgcolor.exe etc. that my firewall recognises as an incoming virus and strips out.

Almost all from proxmedia.be. Where are you on?

Think,

My server is on Skynet..........., like I said, same same here, forwarded attachments which Norton takes care of........

Origins are unknown to me, but better use this as a warning NOT to open attavhments EVER from strange addresses, especially if the mails proper are totally empty.........

Hello,

I'd go further, don't ever open any attachments that you did not specifically ask for, even if it does come from somebody you know. Often viri mail themselfs out to people in the address-book, and so do come from somebody you know. And offcourse there is the email-program that goes and runs virusses just receiving them in messages, no human interaction required.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

We've had 3 different Klex viruses - two have taken out the entire LANetwork here. The mails initially come from random unknown senders. One of the Klez's sends itself on to others in your address book - there have been empty mails flying back and forth through the LAN for the last 3 days with computers being affected to different degrees.

Archived