How stupid can Thais be

Hamokhamok

Hundreds of perps arrested across the country when they came to vote. Interesting that the cops usually let them vote before nabbing them.

Ironically, former convicts in the USA generally lose their right to vote forever - though they served their punishment and are supposed to have been "rehabilitated".

We HAVE to vote here - I am currently evading a fine for the last federal election, having been a lot happier to spend that particular Saturday in Thailand than in some fetid polling booth with a bunch of grannies. Is it a democracy when you are FORCED to fill in a piece of paper ?

If you were overseas when an Australian election is called you have an automatic excuse, you simply state you could not readily attend a voting booth :beer:

I once missed an election, and I wrote verbatim, "I had a broken leg, shafted some Swedish Venus and developed blood clots, and was in to much pain to go to a polling booth", never got a fine :beer:

Pretty easy to get out of the fine if you put your mind to it. A relative of mine simply forgot once or twice (getting old), and he made up a rather ludicrous story but didn't have to cough up.

Gobble's got a good point though. While in the past women and ethnic minorities fought for the vote, if you genuinely don't care who wins it's not a waste if you don't cast a ballot. So long as you don't complain when the wrong one gets in, or whoever does get in does something you don't like.

Archived