San Francisco --- umm, WELCOMES? PURE THAI.

the_numbers

So, Old Hippie? (Khao San Double Agent) and you other Bay Area people -- someone must need to check-in with a statement on this... or maybe I'll go and try to scope some of you SF Board People out, not that this really sounds appealing. A Thai Club, perhaps drawing a Thai crowd, who knows what it's like?

PURE THAI... Gary Srisawat **and Celebrity Friends**

"the best music east of thailand"

so, it's a Thai Karaoke and dancing club SOMA. I guess it opened in February... who knew? or cared.. it's San Francisco, it's probably miserable -- ok, that's pessimistic, but.. I just want to go back to Thailand.

comments? in-the-know? let's hear

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, obviously, you are drunker than I when you post lol. There is a Thai Karaoke club on Larkin street, around Eddy. It caters to the Thai folk. The food is o.k. and reasonable for SFO. I forget the exact adress, I think I can find it. The Thai teachers I know go there, but don't like to tell us about it, so approach with caution. I was once backed out of a Korean club in the city some of these guys get territorial about their woman and clubs! I'll try to find the adress for you. You know of course to avoid Asia SF right?

Ok, but lets cut through to these places -- what are they like? obviously it's mostly Thai people, which is what would be expected considering it's Thai oriented, right?

Do any of you SF types go to these places? I mean granted there is this immense skepticism of how Thai girls are viewed, and treated... along with ubiquitous MAXIM references to Thai whores, and business accounts. I mean they know the stereotypes.

So, have you met girls or friends at these places that it was alright (i'm not talking s/t or anything!!), just a fun evening out for those with the Fever (LOS Fever the worst kind) or was it like you were obviously viewed as some sleaze, or predatory farang. I mean I don't understand why you can't just go to a bar, and not be pigeonholed. I imagine it might not matter if "someone" there found you attractive desireable... but

I'm asking for the equivalent from an expert of sucking the thumb and sticking it up to determine wind direction before making the move...

I think you mean the third of May!! I also think it is a wonderful idea!! Intrepidtraveler and I know a bar in North beach that has Thai food! (we know the cook!!! ) Or another place! I would offer my place as a party sight, but I promised the landlord and the police I wouldn't have anymore of my friends over...

So, I know we can share all manner of secrets at the proposed meeting, which is still in the works..

But for the sake of the thread, and the two-hundred people who peeked in on it (OK, yes I don't give a shit about them) -- but enjoy talking more about the "nightclub" scene here.

Expert opinions are still lacking... if your out in the avenues 25th and Kirkham? is that going to be magic -- or will you be the odd farang at the karaoke party?

Just a rough interpretation as anyone has seen it or sees fit to disclose.

BTW, this Pure Thai thing is at the Glas Kat Supper Club; it's spelled so painful modicum expense can be expected.

never been there.

anyway, we are due to meet on the 12th in North Beach, anyone. Hopefully, the board will not let us down again this week and we will be able to Privately send messages to refine the meeting place and hour.Or e-mail me at:

pattaya127@aol.com

Archived