San Francisco --- umm, WELCOMES? PURE THAI.

the_numbers

Personally, I think the intent of these type clubs is to have a good time among their own. Yes, we might be welcomed as customers, but in reality, I think they want to keep it their own place. I could be wrong, but it just seems that way. I have gone into a few Korean clubs in SFO and been given the poor service, cold shoulder routine, not sure about the Thai places, but I know a few Thais who are bothered by all the farangs hanging around their temples on Sundays. Yes, we spend money, but a lot of us don't show interest in the culture or contribute to it, other than scarfing down plates of food and not cleaning up after ourselves.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a fun Thai Karaoke place called Sonic above the Japan town Denny's. Most of the customers are Japaneese, but I think the owner and the employees are Thai. By Japaneese I mean young fun Japaneese Americans, not the obnoxious Japaneese sex tourists you run into in Thailand.

Of course if you are looking for Sanuk in San Francisco I can give you pretty good information.

Well if you go to Market street cinema, or one of the select Asian Massage parlors you don't really have to worry about drag queens. You are right about it being expensive, plan on spending about $150 if you know what your doing and maybe a lot more if you don't. The experiance won't be as fulfilling as your used to in Thailand, and you can't bribe the police with 500 baht.

Dude....I've been to MSC as well as the "select" parlors and I totally agree with my pal OH as well as my other friends who know...SAVE YOUR $ FOR LOS!!! 3 trips to **** is almost an airfare! I can't even compare the experience in SF to LOS. Completely different animals....

OK...I'm working till about 10:00 Sun night...but I'll drop by GW after...Hope you guys are still there. By the way...is there something inappropriate about having this meeting on Mothers Day??.....LOL

Yeah, ever since Horace Greeley 160 years urged young men to "Go West" its been a motley crew of adventurers, risktakers, eccentrics, entrepreneurs, misfits, beatnicks, gays, hippies, crackheads, homeless, carjackers, techies.... but sanuukers? Well, we have a new sage by the name of Old Hippie and he is admonishing us east. We are prepared to follow in his footsteps as he leaves next week. (I also won't be able to make it until about 10 pm. I'll know OH by his avatar, animated as he is, P127 may be donning saffron but what is GW code for, in North Beach right?)

Archived