Leopard vs Lion

Coss

I've been playing with Lion and it works well, but I'm sticking with Leopard until at least 2 updates come along.

This despite Apple releasing Final Cut X (not a good upgrade from FCPro 7.03) and because Filemaker is yet to be supported, but mainly because I find the heuristics confusing. All the trackpad gesturing has changed and now I have to use 2/3/4 fingers on my little trackpad like it was a 10 inch iPad, which it's not.

And grandiose gestures seem to be the province of younger people than me.

A good article here Link

The major apps that won’t work include Adobe Creative Suite (CS2 and earlier), AppleWorks, FileMaker Pro (version 8 and earlier), MacroMedia Studio and Freehand, Microsoft Office (2004 and X versions), Quicken (almost everything… lazy bastards!), and some older games.

The major apps that won’t work include Adobe Creative Suite (CS2 and earlier), AppleWorks, FileMaker Pro (version 8 and earlier), MacroMedia Studio and Freehand, Microsoft Office (2004 and X versions), Quicken (almost everything… lazy bastards!), and some older games.

I have just installed Lion on 3 Macs (2 iMac, 1 Macbook). Everything runs fine - but we don't have old software running.

Only Filemaker 11 crashed 2 times and strangely now all date fields show the date in Japanese (like 5.12.Heisei 15 / Heisei of course in Kanji...)

:surprised:

Very strange.

One price for all your macs.

Link

Yep, you just need to login to the App Store on each Mac with the same account name and password (and they ask to confirm the credit card data) and you can download Lion without additional payments.

Quite different to Windows where you have to pay at least 130 USD for a Windows 7 family pack (3-User).

And there is no serial number, which means you will find Lion for free at all file sharing sites and you can install it without any problems in regard to upcoming updates.

Archived