Johnny Was

khunsanuk

Hi,

Just noticed it would have been Johhny Was' birthday today. Sadly of course he is no longer with us.

Does anyone remember what the verdict was in the trial for his murder? I seem to recall his (ex?)wife, father-in-law and a brother-in-law all ended up in jail.

KS

Johnny Was ... :rip:

I remember that his wife and the actual killers were convicted of murder. Don't remember the actual sentences, but at the very least they were to be locked up for a long time.

Seeing his handle again reminds me of sitting and chatting with him at Gullivers. A very friendly and likeable person, but he certainly married the wrong woman. :(

He was a regular guy, well educated, posh background. How could he fall for an evil mamasan looking gal like that?

As I recall, he had divorced her, but she figured by making him "disappear" she could regain possession of the son and thus control all of daddy's money. He flew here to see her - and walked right into her trap. At least there is enough justice that she didn't get away with it.

p.s. The story that won a prize wasn't in any magazine. It was in a Nanapong short story contest! Toby read it for us at Gulliver's, after it had been voted the winner. :(

Archived