Global Warming = Freezin Ya Tits Off!

Coss

coss, the explanations I've seen range from the coming of another ice age to a global drought - typhoons/cyclones/tornadoes will be more common and more devastating, drought will last longer (great news for Aussies ..) and will be broken only by catastrophic flooding. Its real Armageddon stuff, but they do have the fossil record on their side I guess.

fwiw, a lot of people I know dont get the 'warming' part either - I think we have to wait for Summer to experience that.

The warming part you'll find in the south of the USA, in Middle- and South Europe, in the Middle East and in parts of Asia. At the same time there will be much more floodings and devastations by radical weather situations. Just ask the insurance companies. They have fantastic statistical material about the results of the climate change.

I wonder how long it will take that there are wars for the control of water. Big money is already involved around the world.

Why do the Monsoon countries, let the water drain away? no aforethought IMHO

China and Laos are planning huge hydroelectric dams along the Mekong. But as we have seen at the Three-Gourges-Dam in China this will almost probably destroy the ecosystem up to the Mekong Delta, which means the destruction of the livelihood for millions of people in Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Especially the farmers and fishers in Cambodia and Vietnam need the yearly flooding...

kamui, I think we are very close to wars being fought over access to clean water, particularly in countries which share a common river. Food security is also a huge issue, although I see it on front pages in places like Malaysia a lot more often than here in Oz : most of us are still living in denial.

Archived