Global Warming = Freezin Ya Tits Off!

Coss

Middle Earth is being hit by snow storms, more severe than have been seen for 60 - 80 - 100 years.

If the rest of the world is getting warmer, we aint !

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/5444263/More-snow-expected-in-Auckland

In my 50 odd years, I've seen plenty that's odd, but no snow in Auckland, until yesterday, and today promises more...

snow_laugh.gifsnow_cool.gifsnow_grin.gif

Middle Earth is being hit by snow storms, more severe than have been seen for 60 - 80 - 100 years.

If the rest of the world is getting warmer, we aint !

http://www.stuff.co....ted-in-Auckland

In my 50 odd years, I've seen plenty that's odd, but no snow in Auckland, until yesterday, and today promises more...

snow_laugh.gifsnow_cool.gifsnow_grin.gif

00011046.gif

PS: don't lick on street lamps

00011045.gif

Saw this on telly this morning - looks scary, particularly for those poor sods in Christchurch. The media delights in showing us the images of kids throwing snowballs at one another, but that sort of weather could really hurt the South Pacific Peso.

Hang in there, Coss - Spring, apparently, is just around the corner.

Saw this on telly this morning - looks scary, particularly for those poor sods in Christchurch. The media delights in showing us the images of kids throwing snowballs at one another, but that sort of weather could really hurt the South Pacific Peso.

Hang in there, Coss - Spring, apparently, is just around the corner.

actually had pleasant weather in my part of the uk recently.

our summers are very hit and miss and as usual quite a lot of rain early on.

i like to go to sleep at night on a covered lounger in the garden with my 2 cats sharing it with me.

it's been very pleasant the last few nights and spent time watching the meteor showers.

by the time i get back from thailand things will have changed,wrapped up in my duvet in my bedroom..... :angry:

I wonder this - due to conservation of energy - one of them immutable physical laws - if heat is happening in some places and cold in others, the result of swings to extremes, then what we are going to get is ice toward the poles and fire towards the equator.

coss, the explanations I've seen range from the coming of another ice age to a global drought - typhoons/cyclones/tornadoes will be more common and more devastating, drought will last longer (great news for Aussies ..) and will be broken only by catastrophic flooding. Its real Armageddon stuff, but they do have the fossil record on their side I guess.

fwiw, a lot of people I know dont get the 'warming' part either - I think we have to wait for Summer to experience that.

Archived