Map Of The World

Coss

The Thais, Laos, Viets and Cambos will be surprised to see they love Tiger beer. (Nice beer though.)

Yep, and you could throw a blanket over the Aussies who drink Fosters in this country. Astounding that they have marketed it so well in the UK when most people here couldn't remember the last time they had a can of Fosters - in my case, it would have been somewhere in the mid-80s.

Boring side story:

Many moons ago, finding myself unemployed and living in Adelaide, I interviewed for a computer gig at a brewery (West End was their big seller). The manager who interviewed me was very proud of the fact that every employee was given a carton of beer a fortnight, on the condition that the contents had to be consumed elsewhere. Our current nanny state would never allow that as a condition of employment, but back then it was seen as a real perk.

Yep, and you could throw a blanket over the Aussies who drink Fosters in this country. Astounding that they have marketed it so well in the UK when most people here couldn't remember the last time they had a can of Fosters - in my case, it would have been somewhere in the mid-80s.

Boring side story:

Many moons ago, finding myself unemployed and living in Adelaide, I interviewed for a computer gig at a brewery (West End was their big seller). The manager who interviewed me was very proud of the fact that every employee was given a carton of beer a fortnight, on the condition that the contents had to be consumed elsewhere. Our current nanny state would never allow that as a condition of employment, but back then it was seen as a real perk.

Back in the day I worked a few casual shifts at Cairns brewery, every break came with free beer... there was an employees' bar where two or three schooners could be drank before returning to work.

Drinking on the job though would result in instant dismissal. :surprised:

Later they decided it wasn't good to drink in working hours at all and that's when the free take home booze came in.

I think Coopers in Adelaide used to give each employee a couple of longnecks (beer not women) at the gate every night. :chili:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived