Purachai Urges Thaksin To Come Home

Coss

Are you saying he has learned from Benigno Aquino?

Yes and his last return. Thaksin is many things (many of them pretty bad), but I don't think he is stupid. A path is being prepared and I don't see how, short of violence, a return can be prevented.

My hope is that he has learned that even he is subject to limits, but I suspect that hope is nothing more that - a hope.

Yes and his last return. Thaksin is many things (many of them pretty bad), but I don't think he is stupid. A path is being prepared and I don't see how, short of violence, a return can be prevented.

My hope is that he has learned that even he is subject to limits, but I suspect that hope is nothing more that - a hope.

Actually IMHO he is in much more secure position now on the long run, since he isn't _officially_ running the government. The current government seems to be already running into trouble. If the government fails most will point their fingers at Yingluk and Chalerm.

With the right PR Mr. T. might be even able to convince the people that he could do better than the current government, provided that becomes Prime Minister again. Like Berlusconi, where the people don't care that he is a criminal, corrupt and using the state for his and his cronies personal gains, as long as he promises that they will do better with than without him.

And I don't see that earlier predictions, that Mr. T. will not survive his return to LOS for long, will come true. Just have a look at the opposition forces and how quiet they became since the election...

had a couple of interesting chats recently with a gal i hooked up with long-time and she spoke sensibly about the political situation.

she was from Issan and 36 and had a few years worth of knowledge running around her head.

she worked in Bkk last year and was very unhappy about the troubles that were besetting her country.

she decided to become a neutral as Thaksin had never really done her any harm but never done her any real good either.

she recognised that Thailand was not in a good political state but had fears about how things might change if he returned.

she was very articulate and passionate about her country and we enjoyed our discussions.

Archived