Maybe Better Condoms!!

Savittre

Well, I'm not going to be too detailed, 'cause I don't want to break any rules... but I was in the store the other day, and noticed a new (I think new) type of condom is on the market from a leading (if not THE leading) condom maker. They're plugged as being thinner for greater sensitivity.

They are.

I gave one to my mate, and he agreed and said his girl likes 'em better, too. So far as I can tell (language barrier and all that), the girls also do prefer these ones, so in case you didn't know about this, and it sounds interesting, take a look for them next time.

Hi,

Are these the Avanti (I think that's what they are called)? If so they have been around for a while, but are (or at least used to be) rather expansive. Seem to recall ~100 Baht a piece (a friend brought some from back home).

I agree that they felt much better.

Sanuk!

Hi Guys,

I am referring to a brand put out by Durex, called 'Fetherlite'.

Avanti (or any other brand that offers superior sensitivity) I would like to hear of it/them.

BTW, seems fairly logical that using a little lube would help prevent breakage....

Their web site (under Thailand) doesn?t list Avanti as available, and I cannot say I noticed them on sale. On a recent visit to the ST hotel above Kings Corner I was handed over some Durex in a purple colored pack.. Wish I new the name of the darn things as they were very comfortable. The web site has some called Excida but not sure if that?s what I got. I often use BodyGaurd too if I can get near a vending machine or find some.

Cheers

I cannot say they?ve been the best feeling condoms but they are some of the largest on the market so comfortable in that respect.

Anyone have any other favorites? Body Guards aren?t always available easily if you are away from the selected sales areas and get caught short. What would be the next condom of choice? I have always had more luck with Duo?s than Durex myself out of the most common brands available. Last batch of Durex Caress had a few unwanted breakages so I?m not keen on buying them again.

Cheers,

I'm probably a bad boy when it comes to this, but I usually buy whatever brand is on-sale when I am in the States - even if the expiration date is 1897. smile.gif

Really, I have no preference and have had no problems with exploding or slipping condoms. I do like the Bodyguard brand here in the LOS though.

I have noted the condom machines are finding their way back into the bars again. Good deal!

Avanti: I don't think Avanti's are available in Thailand. I have had 2 of those break on me, out of maybe 150 uses. Both of these were with girls that had poor natural lubrication. I will no longer use them unless I have been with a girl several times before and know she lubricates well - I don't trust lubricants as they dry out after a short while. IMO, Avanti's cannot be beat in terms of sensation, esp. if you put a drop of lube on the inside. Only thing is sometime the sensation is so good, I get paranoid and think the condom has broken. shocked.gif

My favorite latex condom is Beyond Seven. They are Japanese, but made for european size out of 'sheerlon' - stronger that regular latex, very thin, and offer moderately better sensation IMO. Alas, not available in Thailand. Good thing I still have a stash of a few hundred smile.gif

All the brands available in Thaland are mediocre IMO. Though the larger size Durex brand (maybe it was the 'Featherlite'?) is pretty decent.

There was a good condom tread in the 'health' section many months back...

Gotta say those Avantis are crap. Wonderful technology and all that but unrelizble. And the marketing of them is a bit irresponsible in my book.

Had several break on me over the years. I had stocked up when they were on sale in my home town, after about the sixth breakage, I wrote the manufacture and they told me that they tend to break when worn by people with wide...johnsons. Tossed out a gross of them rather than pass them along. They are better off in the trashbin. Not that I have any strong opinions about them. (It was one of these breaking that gave one bar girl and opening to declare that she was pregnant. Talk about an expenisve condom!).

Archived