Gaddafi Reported Killed.

Julian2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helped on his way, I'd say. He was trying to escape Sirte in a convoy, and it was attacked by NATO aircraft. Early reports said he was wounded in both legs. Now he is reported to have died of his wounds ... one of which "was in his head". Uh-huh. :hmmm:

Saves a circus trial anyway. Good thing the Burmese generals don't have oil ... and have a powerful friend in the PRC. Of course, oil had nothing to do with this.

Well it was codenamed

Operation

Independent

Libya

(Iraq was Operation Iraqi Liberation)

Libyan Crude has the one of the lowest Sulphur contents of all global oil, 0.2% as compared with 2.8% Arabian Heavy (Saudi) 1.9% Basra Light (Iraq). Only Nigerian is lower at 0.1%,

The lower the Sulphur Content the lower the refining costs.

Around 25 years ago I met a Canuck who worked in Libya, even though you weren't supposed to. He told me the Libyans stapled a page into your visa. When you left, they took it out - nothing to show you'd ever been there. He said the pay was 2 or 3 times what you could get in Saudi and elsewhere. You were completely isolated on the drilling site, sort of like being in a base on the moon.

He also said that when Khaddafi took power, the Revolutionary Guards took charge of the oil fields, though they knew fark all about anything. He said the geniuses destroyed one oil field by pumping water into it to try to make the oil rise! Instead, it made the oil flow in all directions and who knew where it was after that.

That was in Georgetown, Malaysia. Libya in the news brought it back to me. He told me a lot about his work. Wish I could remember it all.

Around 25 years ago I met a Canuck who worked in Libya, even though you weren't supposed to. He told me the Libyans stapled a page into your visa. When you left, they took it out - nothing to show you'd ever been there. He said the pay was 2 or 3 times what you could get in Saudi and elsewhere. You were completely isolated on the drilling site, sort of like being in a base on the moon.

He also said that when Khaddafi took power, the Revolutionary Guards took charge of the oil fields, though they knew fark all about anything. He said the geniuses destroyed one oil field by pumping water into it to try to make the oil rise! Instead, it made the oil flow in all directions and who knew where it was after that.

That was in Georgetown, Malaysia. Libya in the news brought it back to me. He told me a lot about his work. Wish I could remember it all.

He was apparantly killed in drainage ditch. Video on CNN now of some guy pointing to a drainage ditch where he was killed. No real discussion of exactly what happened when he was in the drainage ditch, but video of bloody corpse that sort of looks like Gaddafi and reporters saying: "yeah, that's him".

Earliest report I saw said they found him "in a hole". I suppose that was the ditch. Must have taken cover during the air attack. I was sort of hoping he'd get away, like Darth Vader. Then we could have a sequel. :dunno:

One of his childhood friends was quoted once as saying that Moammar had been "kicked in the head by a camel" when he was a kid and had been strange ever since. Amazing he held onto power as long as he did.

http://english.aljazeera.net/

NATO air attack got him. Thank you NATO.

Video on tele shows him wounded. Then he ended up dead.

seen footage of might have been him being manhandled along a road.

if it was him then various reports of him killed as he hid in a drain as he cowered might be off the mark.

i see a libyan has claimed the credit for the final shot,but i wonder how many will come out saying it was them?.

seen footage of might have been him being manhandled along a road.

if it was him then various reports of him killed as he hid in a drain as he cowered might be off the mark.

i see a libyan has claimed the credit for the final shot,but i wonder how many will come out saying it was them?.

History is mostly written by the victors. The scenario of his death may never be known. But a good investigative journalist may write a good book on the life and times of Muammar.

When this escapade began in Libya the tele showed hundreds of thousands of "workers" leaving the country. Don't the Libyans do manual labor? Or skilled labor for that matter?

Looks like good employment opportunities for expats coming up shortly. If I was unemployed, I would scratch together a plane ticket for Libya and just hang around. Some job would certainly pop up shortly. Put together a few different resumes with different skill sets. Easier to hire some expat who is actually there then to seek outside of country.

What's a good budget hotel going for presently in Tripoli or Banghazi?

Archived