Gaddafi Reported Killed.

Julian2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

History is mostly written by the victors. The scenario of his death may never be known. But a good investigative journalist may write a good book on the life and times of Muammar.

When this escapade began in Libya the tele showed hundreds of thousands of "workers" leaving the country. Don't the Libyans do manual labor? Or skilled labor for that matter?

Looks like good employment opportunities for expats coming up shortly. If I was unemployed, I would scratch together a plane ticket for Libya and just hang around. Some job would certainly pop up shortly. Put together a few different resumes with different skill sets. Easier to hire some expat who is actually there then to seek outside of country.

What's a good budget hotel going for presently in Tripoli or Banghazi?

Another 20th Century bogeyman gone; I suppose Mugabwe will be next... age, if not fate, is catching up.

Makes you feel old doesn't it..... :confused:

It's a dubious figure anyway; the planes are there, they fly regular non-combat missions and I suppose ordinance has a shelf life like everything else anyway.

Reminds me of a silly yachtsman who had to be rescued by the Aussie navy off the coast of Antarctica a few years back and people squealed about the cost.

What do we have ships and sailors in peacetime for?

I suppose that the point Joe is making is that Iraq could have been handled in a similar fashion. Encourage and support an insurrection on the ground and give them all the air support they need.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/20/nato-libya-war-26000-missions

The golden gun thing is a footnote, but an interesting one. Never was aware of his gold (and other) fetishes till now.

gaddafi-golden-gun.jpg?w=620&h=465

"The pistol appears to be a Browning Hi Power, a 9mm handgun used by military forces around the world," Andy Bloxham at The Telegraph reports, noting that this model is the newer version of the Browning M1911A1, also known as the Colt .45. Zooming in on an image of the gun's left side, you can just make out "Browning Arms Company Morgan, Utah & Montreal P.Q." There's some Arabic script in front of the trigger and Qaddafi's profile embedded in the wooden handle, both details that also appear on the right side of the gun, where it looks like Qaddafi's name is inscribed. It definitely looks like gold, but as Bloxham notes, pure gold would be too soft, so it's probably gold-plated

My link

Archived