A Few Minutes Of Ratchada And Mochit

dave32

My own shitty footage (as will be obvious). As said in a separate thread, not an intent to make light of suffering, but there is a universal draw to be fascinated -- nature throwing a wrench into the works, as she gleefully does at every opportunity afforded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaxOk2smr6A&feature=youtu.be

Hey! Great stuff there ! Concerned somewhat that you're spending precious time in the LOS producing movies of this sort. Appreciated nonetheless. Looks like some great tow-skiing biz opportunities in some sections.

HH

Concerned somewhat that you're spending precious time in the LOS

You don't have to worry about that HH. I've packed a lot of life into this past week. Today collapsed in the room down in Chiang Mai from sheer exhaustion. All my clothes on, lights on, TV on. About 6pm. Just passed out and slept. Now it's 2am and I LOST AN EVENING. And that really sucks. So be it. btw - No more whiskey on this trip. Fuck that.

So there IS water at Chit Lom - thanks for the video. I wonder if those kids would be so happy to swim in it if they could see a sample under a microscope -

That's my fuck up. It's Mo Chit, not Chit Lom. I ALWAYS do that too. Grrrrrrr. I need to go back and edit the vid description on youtube also. Thank you for pointing that out.

Friend of mine works in the flooded area on Ratchadaphisek. His office building is surrounded by it. The company gave him a 4-wheel drive truck and he drives around in the morning to pick up a handful of the essential office leaders and ferry them in so they can keep things going. His family is in Rayong (sp?) for the time and they had to vacate their home, though so far it looks like there's been no damage. Knock on wood.

There's a whole new business model by the roadside of folks selling boots, pumps, drinking water, boats, rafts -- along with a few side streets lined with vacant bus after bus after bus after bus that are sitting there because their routes are closed down.

Some others here have homes fairly close to the danger area (have fingers crossed for you KS).

On a brighter note the women here are more beautiful than ever -- so much so it makes me dizzy and my head spin. And I wonder how you're going to survive the next several hundred days. :)

All the people I've encountered have shown goodwill and a guarded optimism that the shittiest of it is over. Yingluck seems to have taken a pretty serious hit in popularity even amongst the die hard reds.

I believe there's an after hours place in CM called spice. I've been meaning to check it out. Hmmmmmmmm.

Adieu gentlemen.

• 3 weeks later...

Concerned somewhat that you're spending precious time in the LOS producing movies of this sort. Appreciated nonetheless.

HH

With most modern compact cameras nowadays it is rather simple to make youtube videos. My IXUS 310 HS records HD Video in H.264 format and only takes a few seconds to upload the Video onto youtube.

Driving to/from Khon Kaen this weekend, there was no water on the roads going to KK but coming back, there was about 1 ~ 2 Km of water in the Rangsit area still on the road.

One thing, where water had been/still is on the road, there are pot holes that will swallow a car! the roads in these areas are shite and of course, there are no warning signs so you are buzzing along at 120 Km/hr and suddenly there are pot holes! TIT at its best!!!

Archived