All the sex workers in Perth are exhausted

War stress wears out prostitutes

By Liza Kappelle

AAP

02may02

PERTH prostitutes were reeling from exhaustion following an influx of United States sailors stressed from a stint in a war zone, a well-known madam said today.

Mary-Anne Kenworthy said she was forced to close the doors of her famous Langtrees brothel for only the third time ever yesterday because her prostitutes were so worn out they could no longer provide a quality service.

When she realised the sex workers just couldn't cope any more she closed Langtrees doors for a day rather than risk the brothel's reputation.

"We're the biggest and the best, I'd rather take nothing than offer a poor service," Ms Kenworthy said.

Langtrees did a week's business in just three days after 5500 American sailors disembarked in Fremantle on Sunday, many of them stressed from their encounter with war, she said.

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,4242976%255E2761,00.html

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oz ladies don't seem to have the stamina of their LOS couterparts , nor the will to please , the sailors should have made a trip out to the infamous Hay St in Kalgoolie for some real fronteir psychiatry........................

• 4 weeks later...

I guess prostitution in Australia is legal?

Do the prostitutes have unemployment benefit when they get fired or other benefit like old age pension, sick leave, just like any other jobs?

Are there any countries providing these social security for prostitutes?

Very curious.

GTG

prostitution is legal or ignored by the 'authortities' in much of the 1st world.

Doubt they many benefits. I know there are 'prostitute conventions' in ther US to unionize the girls.

the reason so many Farangs Lub Thai girls tu mutt is becaust here are so many 'good thai girls'

GTG said :

I guess prostitution in Australia is legal ?

No - not as a general rule. There are legalised brothels in some states, but the majority of the industry is still underground. Everyone from the age of 12 or so knows where the brothels are, and you can get callgirls to practically any hotel room in Oz (OK, barring outback towns..).

Lots of money is still going to various corrupt cops etc, so I dont think it will change anytime soon. My own opinion of pros in Oz is "Why bother ?'. They are just there for 'wham-bam' and its all so bloody sleazy. Thailands Farang sex industry thrives on the fact that it is all so 'up front' : the illusion that we are all just a bunch of guys and gals having a good time. You could not do that here : between the religious nutters and the dickhead brigade, it would be a nightmare for everyone.

artiew

>Thailands Farang sex industry thrives on the fact that it is all so 'up front' : the illusion that we are all just a bunch of guys and gals having a good time. You could not do that here : between the religious nutters and the dickhead brigade, it would be a nightmare for everyone.

You have a place where there are a bunch of guys and gals having a good time. It's called BARS ! which includes SINGLES BARS. Right?

tongue.gif

GTG

>You have a place where there are a bunch of guys and gals having a good time. It's called BARS ! which includes SINGLES BARS.

Have you really ever visited those houses of horror labelled as "singles bars"? I would not call that having a good time...

The no longer so young guys come in groups or alone in various stages of desperation. Everybody 'knows' that they are there to trying to get laid - otherwise they would have gone to a pub or a sports bar. The women also know that there must be something wrong with them, since they are single. These poor bastards know that they are facing a tedious evening of cold shoulders, icy stares and trying to jockey into a position to talk with that single fairly attractive lady without your buddy getting a chance to steal the action. In the end, if you are very lucky, you might have hooked up with a female, but only after buying and also consuming too many drinks.

The no longer so young ladies sit together in small groups to have safety in numbers in case some loser starts hitting on them. They try to appear gay but their eyes are desperate: Will that really obnoxious creep decide to bug me? Am I no longer attractive enough? Aren't there any attractive men left? He is cool - but will he turn out to be married and looking for a one-night-stand?

Good time in a SINGLES BAR? I don't think so.

Wagner

GTG

The only country that offers these benefits to prostitutes is Holland. The girls work legally and pay taxes and get benefits when they 'retire'. But there has been a move recently to send all the Thai and Japanese girls working there back home.

Maybe some of the Dutch guys on the board can give you more details.

Uniformguy

But there has been a move recently to send all the Thai and Japanese girls working there back home.

Are you sure there are Japanese girls 'working' in Amsterdam? Could it be they're Chinese or Vietnamese?

Archived