Stickman Throws Down With Strikers

Now I'm just joking, but actually Trojans lived in Asia Minor (Turkey today), Spartans my dear Watson.

Probably you're right about the small war front, but military strategy gurus also point out that General Giap (he's still living over 100) was probably the best military general of the 20th century, in same class as Napoleon and Julius Caesar.

Yup, Spartans. I had condoms on my mind. (Plus two big bottles of Singha.) :(

I have an interview with Giap somewhere around, from Newsweek or Time. In it he was asked if, with the American bombing of targets in North Vietnam, they ever thought of ending the war. Giap answered yes, that several times they were close to stopping it. But the anti-war movement in the USA gave them the courage to go on. Give him credit for recognising that. He realised all Hanoi had to do was hang on until the US government lost interest and quit instead. That is exactly what happened. (Don't show that interview to any old anti-VN War protestors. I had one practically explode at me, demanding furiously at the top of his voice to know who Gen. Giap was and what did he know about anything. I thought the guy was going to swing at me, but he finally stomped off and wouldn't speak to me again for weeks. They insist they ended the war.)

Giap is supposed to be the one who positioned the arilllery that forced the French surrender at Dien Bien Phu.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key is to avoid making it to 'vintage' status. :clown:

All this brawling over alleged events in certain bars reminds me of the advice I was given when I first arrived here 10 years ago:

1. Sponsorship doesnt work - dont even think about it.

2. Never buy a condo in Thailand.

3. Never, ever buy a bar. You can make a small fortune, but only if you start with a large one.

The Chinese guy who owns Golden Bar in front of the Nana clearly knows how to make it work, but according to Stick there are some very unhappy bar owners across the road in NEP. Interesting times ahead.

Some bars are successful and the owners are taking home lots of Bt. Inside knowledge is vital and as ever location is key.Would I get involved....no way :cheerleader:

i have no wish to invest in any business in the Thailand.

but i am willing to offer my services for job oppurtunities.

i am willing to test out a lady for a job in a bar if she knows she is expected to happen to her,i'm sure most of them know what the job involves when persuaded by a relative/friend to get a job in a bar.

and i could also audition the ladies who want a job in a BJ bar.

i would'nt find it too difficult to see if a lady is up to the job.

Vietnam war veteran

That was a good answer but then why do they call Basball players, Ex-ball players?That's probably the reason I call my self an Ex-vietnam vet because I'm no longer in Vietnam,I'm ex-vietnam,I'm just guessing tho since some board members think I'm a mental case.

That was a good answer but then why do they call Basball players, Ex-ball players?That's probably the reason I call my self an Ex-vietnam vet because I'm no longer in Vietnam,I'm ex-vietnam,I'm just guessing tho since some board members think I'm a mental case.

During the Vietnam War Robbert Kennedy got assassinated in 1968.

It appears they are going to reinvestigate that situation

because there might have been another shooter.

Archived