People I Dislike

Steve

The writer has earned a place on my list for his repeated use of the non-word oftentimes. His own writing style, in truth, is pure shite. He sounds like - and presumably is - a "film reviewer", a profession which apparently requires no training or talent.

The guy is also ignorant: "was born in a small town called Cullman, outside of Birmingham, Alabama." Yeah, about 60 miles outside of Birmingham - which itself is outside of Montgomery, which in turn is outside of Mobile ... which is north of Havana. :shakehead

See ... can I be pompous enough to write for the IMDb too? :)  

Holy shit I thought Steve was one of those live and let live guys that likes most people. This is a pretty extensive hate list, I didn't even make it through the whole thing, haha.

Flash, seriously doubt the guy is a film reviewer. BUT, I will lay you 10 to 1 odds that he's trying to work in the entertainment industry, probably as a screenwriter. Well gee Dave, why would you say that... you may be thinking.

When I came to LA in 2001 broke, young (kinda), and stupid, thought it would be cool to work in entertainment so I went all over town signing up with temp agencies to get experience (only route open to me). I was the guy that would fill in when the guy at the very bottom of the totem pole (production assistants and personal assistants) were off, got sick, were fired, etc. I wasn't union, got treated like shit, and it was interesting.

Eventually I worked a Prodco on a movie lot and one of their script readers was fired. The junior producer liked me and asked if I wanted to try and do coverage on a couple scripts (meaning I had to read them and then write up a summary 1-2 page coverage sheet on predefined criteria, basically filter out all the shit so they don't have to read it). I still got paid shit and it was temp, but, once again... it was interesting.

Oh yeah, sorry, so the point is: this guy's writing style, the one in the link from CS, using the two -- instead of one - is screenwriting 101. After awhile I even started using a double dash -- because it rubbed off on me. Anyway, his very long list reeks of guys on the outside trying to make it. There's a quadrillion of them. Not to say he's wrong.

Ps: My current job started temp. I was the only guy at the temp agency who knew any SQL - and I'm talking very little - but, I got a fat raise for working a few weeks with some folks at a hospital. I discovered that healthcare had as many weirdos and egos as entertainment, so -- wtf, why not.

And now I can go to LoS.

Ain't life grand. :)

God damnit, blathering again. Gonna smack myself upside the head. Back to the topic.

My addition

Alex Ferguson: Okay the greatest British football manager of all time perhaps but he's still a bully and an ass.

Obama: I liked him a lot at first. His confidence at the time was really arrogance as well as done stuff I only though Bush/Cheney would do. I don't like him but I'll still vote for him. He's the lesser of two evils in a very weak field.

All Tottenham fans and a good number of Man utd fans: Tottenham fans ore myopic and delutionsal and a good number of Man Utd fans are bandwagoners (glory hunters to the Brits) and arrogant.

Ted Nugent: Started out with some cool Libertarian views and has morphed into a caricature of why rockers shouldn't delve into politics.

Every American professional athlete who has changed their name (Ocho Cinco, world Peace, etc.) or act an ass (Terrel Owens, Allen Iverson): Grow the f*ck up. You make millions being paid what all of us would love to do and you arrogant asses act as if you're persecuted. Karma is a b*tch and has left and will leave them broke.

Getting back to the topic, the Net is full of haters like this guy, but very few go into this much detail about why they basically hate everyone who has made money simply by being in the right place at the right time. I've made my own distaste for Zach Alphabet known on this board before, but clearly the guy is able to make money by giving an identical performance in everything he is cast in. Rob Schneider is much the same - I dont get my nose out of joint when someone pays these guys 4 million or whatever to sign up for a film - thats showbiz.

(anyone who takes a crack at George Clooney is jealous, pure and simple. Whatever his political views are, the guy can still name his own price and has no shortage of female companionship : how many ~50 year old men wouldnt be jealous ?)

Archived