Google Chrome Tabs Open In New Windows Too Easily

limbo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why is it Google don't use the "User Agent" to differentiate between say a Galaxy Tab, an SIII etc? Apple is device specific whereas Android is across the whole family.

As I previously stated, Google are manipulating their figures, or should i state reporting such, in a biased way, to make Android seem more popular than it actually is WRT iOS.

One does not to be an expert in statistical analysis to see how flawed their data is, even my 3 year old Grandson would laugh at this data (come on he has my genes)

Hi,

They may well be manipulating the figures, but it may also just be a case of providing as accurate a classification as possible. Apple devices return different user agents, no idea if Android devices do the same - and if they do if it makes sense to keep them separate as there are a lot more different devices using Android.

Sanuk!

Hi,

They may well be manipulating the figures, but it may also just be a case of providing as accurate a classification as possible. Apple devices return different user agents, no idea if Android devices do the same - and if they do if it makes sense to keep them separate as there are a lot more different devices using Android.

Sanuk!

So why is Android reported singular?

OK KS,

We can agree to differ, nothing wrong with that.

I find UNiX more stable in the industrial applications I use on a day to day basis and you prefer Linux in your field. UNiX is for the guys who know and Linux is for the guys who think they know

Archived