Satnav/gps For Los And Uk

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

driving in los would be so much easier with satnav/gps.....waste too much time taking the wrong turn, all good fun but it would be good to find what i'm looking for sooner rather than later!

looking for a satnav/gps suitable for ls and the uk.

never owned or used one much so bit of a mystery to me.

thanks!!

Guest lazyphil

I've found the iphone/ipad good for city areas and a Garmin Etrex good for rural areas

Hopefully my new car will come with a good gps system

no plans for iphones etc but thanks will lok up the garmin

Guest lazyphil

Garmin sells it's maps for other countries, usually the maps for the country you buy it in are already on it.

If looking for a drivable gps solution on a phone (iPhone/Android) TomTom are good too

sorry for being a pleb but how do u add new maps?....a card slots in?

Guest lazyphil

yes, i want for the car. could do with one here for the odd trip into the sticks and london and defo in thailand......with all the road maps it still ends up in a mystery tour driving around!

sorry for being a pleb but how do u add new maps?....a card slots in?

Usually you buy the maps online via the makers map software to be installed on your PC and then load it via USB on your navi.

Once you tried a navi you won't go on a ride to an unknown places without it. IMHO its the best invention for car drivers in the past two decades.

Guest lazyphil

Usually you buy the maps online via the makers map software to be installed on your PC and then load it via USB on your navi.

Once you tried a navi you won't go on a ride to an unknown places without it. IMHO its the best invention for car drivers in the past two decades.

thanks....its going to happen!

Archived